Swapping rooms on Ruby

steelgoddess

I have 6 rooms booked scattered thoughout the ship. How hard is it to swap rooms? Can they just change the room number on the issued card?

I want my parents next to my room instead of the other end of the ship where they currently are booked.

Our travel agent says she can't change the names on the room because the cruise is waitlisted and if she unbooks the room to make the change, the next in line on the waitlist will get the room. She suggested just having the percers desk make the changes once on board. How hard is this going to be? We could just swap keys but the billing will be all wrong and don't they take pictures to match with the cards?

Jill

I have 6 rooms booked scattered thoughout the ship. How hard is it to swap rooms? Can they just change the room number on the issued card?

I want my parents next to my room instead of the other end of the ship where they currently are booked.

Our travel agent says she can't change the names on the room because the cruise is waitlisted and if she unbooks the room to make the change, the next in line on the waitlist will get the room. She suggested just having the percers desk make the changes once on board. How hard is this going to be? We could just swap keys but the billing will be all wrong and don't they take pictures to match with the cards?

Jill

I believe that it won't be difficult at all. Just see the Purser when you embark with everyone in your party in attendance and I think they'll be able to handle your request. Definitely do not just swap cards. That'd be a problem when in port 'cause, as you say, the security system will have the wrong face for the wrong card.

Jill

If your parents are just changing rooms with whomever is next door to you, just adjust the proper credit card billing at check in and get extra keys from the purser's desk. They're used to it.

Archived