Altun Ha Tour + Belize City

TropicalLife

If you're looking for cheap, try belizecruiseexcursions.com. They have a 4 hour Altun Ha tour for $35. The private tour with "Experience Belize Tours" includes lunch also and the price drops to $50 pp for a group of 6.

I also saw this, but the only thing holding me back is the hour drive to get there...how is the drive fot those of you who have taken it?

The tour operator we used was Action Boys Belize and I think it took 30 minutes to maybe 45? It seemed to go very quickly.

I found the ride to be very comfortable. Maybe it was the van we were in, but Donald, our tour guide did a great job of manuvering us around. I thought I read somewhere that the road was bumpy for the last 10 miles, but I didn't think it was bumpy at all.

Hi,

We'll be on the Carnival Glory in December and Belize is the one port we'll do a tour. We've backpacked South America but it looks like Belize City is not the place to take a local bus and travel independently.

Has anyone booked Altun Ha on their own and had a good experience and maybe a good deal? Carnival offers it but I'd like to beat their price by as much as possible (and still have a quality tour).

Any tips or ideas for Belize City? Has anyone ventured out of the port on their own?

Looking forward to a fun trip next month! Thanks.

We snagged our own cab & he gave us a quickie city tour on our way out to Altun Ha. I noticed that there were several police check points coming into and out of the cruise area. I don't think you run much risk of danger grabbing a cab right there.

We didn't get a guided tour at Altun Ha, but he also took us to the Bermudian Landing Black Howler preserve.

I'm not so worried about squeezing pennies in these very poor places - a dollar is not much to me but a lot to them!

DON'T FORGET YOUR INSECT REPELLANT IN BELIZE!!!!

Archived