In San Juan at Night - Reservations???

gsutter

We will be in San Juan for an evening cruise stopover (3pm -11pm) in December. My husband and I would like to go out to dinner in Old San Juan and we are leaning towards El Picoteo. Does anyone know if reservations are required for dinner in OSJ or do most people just drop in on a restaurant? If people drop in, is there a time when restaurants start to get busy? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!

If you really want to go to a particular place at a particular time, then I would make a reservation. But, if you are sort of flexible, then you don't need them. Many places don't even take reservations.

The really popular places (Parrot Club, DragonFly etc) don't get busy until after 7:30p or later. Most places aren't busy at all midweek.

Coquish, since I am not arriving until 10:00 p.m. on Saturday night and staying at the La Concha, will I be able to find a restaurant in the vicinity that will be open? I wanted to try out the Parrot Club and I know it is in Old San Juan but don't know how late they stay open either. I will be staying in San Juan post cruise on Sunday night as well, so I could always go to the Parrot Club then. Any suggestions you have for some great local food that will be open when we get in would be great! Thanks for all of your suggestions and help.

Coquish, since I am not arriving until 10:00 p.m. on Saturday night and staying at the La Concha, will I be able to find a restaurant in the vicinity that will be open? I wanted to try out the Parrot Club and I know it is in Old San Juan but don't know how late they stay open either. I will be staying in San Juan post cruise on Sunday night as well, so I could always go to the Parrot Club then. Any suggestions you have for some great local food that will be open when we get in would be great! Thanks for all of your suggestions and help.

I believe you will find some restaurants open. But by the time you get your bags and the cab to your hotel and check in etc, it could be 11:30p or later. People eat late here and weekends especially, but 11:30p is pushing it. You may only find bars/bar food open at that time. You may just want to stay at the hotel restaurants/bars or room service.

Archived