Kids activities in Cabo and Mazatlan

snooksmum

Hi,

I'm looking for activities to do with a four year old in Cabo and Mazatlan. I was thinking of Stone Island in Mazatlan, but not sure what Cabo has to offer. Maybe a resort for the day?

Also: I was wondering if the water taxis in cabo usually have kids' life jackets.

Thanks.

We were planning on Stone Island in Mazatlan- that seems liek a fun day. It's a bit primitive, but a quick trip and a great beach!

In Cabo- we went to Lover's Beach via Water Taxi- there are lots of guys at the pier who are ready to take you over. The ride is on a glass bottom boat and takes you around the arch and by the sea lions. My daughter enjoyed this (she was 2 at the time). The dropped us at the beach and we went to the rocks to the left and spent a magical day building castles and swimming in the surf. There were 4 ships in the day we went, but it felt like our own world. The sand was perfect for digging huge pits and slides in.

Another option is to take a cab or water taxi across to Medano beach- a very calm beach with tons of activities and services. My parents spent the day at the Melia (ME) and sat on these huge pillows (Opium beds). They had access to the resort pools and were right on the beach. They just paid for lunch, which was brought to them on the Opium beds.

They also have sailing and snorkeling and kayaking depending on your little ones ability to swim.

My kids favorite activities are Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan (our youngest was 4 our first trip and did great) and we just did Cabo Dolphins. You have to be 5 to do the Dolphin Swim but under 5 can do the Dolphin Encounter. It was really wonderful.

We have sometimes had children's lifejackets available on our water taxi rides but this year went to Walmart and picked up 2 lifejackets for $10 each. They could use them for water taxis and also helped me relax while they bopped around in the waves. They also enjoyed playing with them on. The beach on Stone Island is very kid friendly and mellow. At Cabo things are a little wild but our's never pay any attention to all that. The water has a much steeper drop off so the lifejackets were especially handy to have there.

Archived