Need Your Help, Trust Me!

ddean52

i welcome your in put; for the last two months i have been trying to book shore excursions through rccl for a apr 8 2005 panama canal cruise. at frist i was told the excursions were not in the system and i should try later. NOW WHEN I TRY I CAN GET TO THE SHORE EXCURSION PAGE AND TRY TO CLICK ON ONE OF MY PORTS THE BROWSER WINDOW CLOSES ALL TOGETHER!!!!!!!! I need your advice--its making me a bit nuts!

thanks in advance,

dean & alice:confused: :( :mad: :eek:

I had a similar problem, and this is how I fixed it.

I found that if I logged into my cruise reservation and then tried to use the link to the shore excursions, it would tell me that my reservation was not available to book shore excursions.

However, if you go to the shore excursions, first, from the link on the RCCL home page; and then enter your cruise reservation id/info it should let you purchase your shore excursions.

I notified RCCL of the problem, and the customer service rep was able to verify that the problem exists. He said they would try and get it fixed. Hope they fix the software soon.

Mark

I had a similar problem, and this is how I fixed it.

I found that if I logged into my cruise reservation and then tried to use the link to the shore excursions, it would tell me that my reservation was not available to book shore excursions.

However, if you go to the shore excursions, first, from the link on the RCCL home page; and then enter your cruise reservation id/info it should let you purchase your shore excursions.

I notified RCCL of the problem, and the customer service rep was able to verify that the problem exists. He said they would try and get it fixed. Hope they fix the software soon.

Mark

thanks it helped. im still told that its to early "and to try back at a later time"

still, at least i can get it. RCCL MUST HAVE change its policy because on 2 prior cruises i was able to book excursions very early!! this is a pain to have to keep trying!!!!!! IM WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE CAN CONFIRM THIS?

again, thaks a lot. just 1 more reason why this site is important!!

dean & alice

It is surely not based on how long it is until your cruise. We were able to book excursions for our January 2005 cruise long before we were able to book excursions for our November 2004 cruise. I suspect it depends greatly on which itinerary you're talking about.

Also, note that RCI's excursion web site is very sensitive to various proxy and firewall scenarios.

If you can't book online, send an E-mail to customer service and request that they send you a copy of the excursions and the prices for your itinerary. You can then decide what you want and they will schedule them for you.

Mark

Actually, they were very firm with me that they could not book shore excursions for us. I was told, by multiple agents, that if I was unable to book my excursions online, then I could do so aboard ship. Thankfully, I was able to book them at work, after several failed attempts from home.

When I was having problems last week, I called them and they kindly sent me a list and prices, and offered to book whatever I desired. I guess it really depends on the customer service agent you get. I guess that I was lucky. :) The CS even checked back two days later by E-mail to see if I was still having problems, as he noticed that I hadn't sent him anything yet.

This is what he sent me:

"We have an alternative offer to help. We are attaching files [shorex info] that lists tours /pricing/departure times operating during your sailing for you to review. Also attached is the PDF document of our shore excursion brochure with description of the tours.

Kindly note that, it is only possible to pre book or edit/change/cancel your shore excursion(s) on line up to 10 days prior to sail date. Within the 10-day sail date deadline, the system is closed and we have no access to the tours that were offered via pre-booking on the Internet or otherwise.

Look them over and if you come to a definite selection of tours please revert immediately via email to us at shorex@rccl.com or via fax (305) 579-0193 with your tour(s) selection codes & title(s), departure time(s), which guest to ticket for excursion and we will input your request - subject to space availability. Please advise the credit card payment information: Name of cardholder, number and expiration date. Also, provide a fax number or email to revert confirmation of this input info.

So sorry for all the added inconvenience. Enjoy your cruise and tours!

Thank you."

Sometimes customer service works the way it is supposed to.

Mark

Archived