so much fun for teens!

carrielovesnclx3

I'm a 14 year old teenager and this summer I went on my first NCL cruise. It was probably one of the BEST vacations ever. The main reason I had so much fun was because of the teen club. The teen club is for kids 13-17 years old and I made so many friends there. I made friends there from all over the world! Some were from the US, Canada, Scotland, England, Germany, France, and Spain! It was really cool. We went bowling, rock climbing, and played a lot of other random games. One game we played was on the last day of the cruise our two councilors hid somewhere on one of the three levels of the ship. If we found them, we got to pie them in the face. Unfortunately we didn't find them, but it was still a lot of fun!!!! Every night we went to the show that was playing at the theater with everyone in the teen club, then after in the teen club theres a dance party thing where theres music and lights and everything.

And the best part about it was that I'm still friends and talk to the people I met on the cruise almost everyday! We're planning a reunion ;] lol

Seriously, if you have teenagers i recommend you go on a NCL cruise. I'm begging my mom to take me on more! lol

:D

if you have any questions about the teen clubs and whatnot, don't be afraid to ask me :)

Good to hear you had a great time.

I was wondering if/when they split the kids up into different age groups? My son is 12 (turning 13 3 weeks after our cruise), but he really wants to go to the Club Underground.

So, are there times when you teens, allow the almost teens into the teens club?

Good to hear you had a great time.

I was wondering if/when they split the kids up into different age groups? My son is 12 (turning 13 3 weeks after our cruise), but he really wants to go to the Club Underground.

So, are there times when you teens, allow the almost teens into the teens club?

I think NCL is strict on the age limit. They don't let anyone younger than 13 in the teen club activities or anything. And they do check with the ship to see how old the people are so they can make sure no one is lying about their age to get in. You can try and ask them, but I don't think they'll let him in. We aren't split into different age groups in the teen club, we all hangout together.

They do have a kids club also though. One of my friend's little sister was also 12 when she was on the cruise so she couldn't get into the teen club, but she said the kids club was a lot of fun too.

Hey Carrie!

I am glad you had such a good time and thanks for posting about your experience!

Are you an outgoing person? Do you make friends easily?

I am asking b/c my son, who will be 16 on our cruise, is not super out going. Are their activities designed to meet other teens? Do they just throw you in there and let you mingle among yourselves?

I think he will have a great time, but I think he will need a "push" to get to know people.

Thanks!

Hey Carrie!

I am glad you had such a good time and thanks for posting about your experience!

Are you an outgoing person? Do you make friends easily?

I am asking b/c my son, who will be 16 on our cruise, is not super out going. Are their activities designed to meet other teens? Do they just throw you in there and let you mingle among yourselves?

I think he will have a great time, but I think he will need a "push" to get to know people.

Thanks!

Actually when I first meet people I'm pretty shy.

I started going to the teen club on the second night of the cruise, and the councilers introduced me to some of the other kids that went there for the first time that day also.

I know though on the first day that the teen club does any activities they have a bunch of ice breakers. Also, most of the time when we played games we were split into two big groups. And you have a lot of fun playing the games, so it makes it easier to make friend.

So don't worry, your son will make friends without a doubt :]. When I was on the ship there was tons of teens that went, so everyone was pretty much making friends.

:]

Archived