Azamara Journey transatlantic 12/3

zoolu

I tried starting this thread a couple of months ago.... no replies.

Glad to see there is at least 2 more on this sailing. Looking at other threads on these boards, seems that there have been more than a few on previous sailings. Not sure about AZ, but RCL usually has quite a group on the TA sailings.

We'll see....

TnT

Any other "friends" on this cruise? We will be staying at the Hotel Axel in Barcelona.

Hugh & Emilio

Hi Hugh and Emilio,

I'm not sailing on Azamara (actually going to be on the 11/30 Solstice - which is what brought me online this evening) but came across your post. I just got back from a 7 day Med out of Barcelona on the Voyager last Month and pre-cruise stayed at the Hotel Axel and Post-Cruise stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer.

I'm not sure if you have stayed in Barcelona before, but I chose the Hotel Axel because of its location and reviews on TripAdvisor.com. However, I was not impressed with the hotel. The room was extremely small (even for European standards) and could have used some updating.

Alternatively, our stay for two days after the cruise at the Hotel Pulitzer was fantastic, was in what I considered the best location, and definitely within walking distance to the "Gay Area" of Barcelona.

Another option, though a bit further away but still in a great location was Hotel 1898. The last night we were there, we went to the roof top bar at 1898, ordered a bottle or wine, and took in the sights. I was impressed with the decor and service at this hotel, as well.

Just food for thought....saw your reference to the Axel and thought I'd provide my recent insight (was at Axel October 9th).

Have a great Cruise....I love transatlantics!

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hugh and Emilio,

Similar response as when I posted this several months ago. Have to realize also that not all cruisers are aware of CC and these boards. I'm sure there will be other family onboard, there always is......

Tim and Terry

• 1 month later...

Archived