Ventura - I keep on reading about.....

macalifrog

......Pirate parties??? what are these and will there be one on the Ventura leaving Barbados on the 6th Dec??

We booked through and TA and haven't been given a P&O brochure :eek:

Is there anything else I need to know about in advance :confused:

We have just upgraded our room to D423 - does anyone know if that's any good??????:cool:

We (hubby and I) have the Formal Nights dress code under control now and have got his DJ out and my frocks too.:D

Looking forward to it now - not long to go but any tips would be grately appreciated.

Hi Ali

I got my tickets today and I quote

'We expect to have the following theme nights during your holiday: Pirates Deck party,

La Vida Loca Salsa Dance night, Black and White, 80's & 90's pop night, 60's and 70's night fever party.'

The Black and White night is a formal night, which I find really boring I like colour dresses. Pirate night you will probably find quite a few folk getting into the spirit of things, eye patches etc. The rest I don't think you will find many guests dressed up for them.

The P&O booklet comes from P&O, not your TA, you can find the excursions on line at the P&O site if you want to book any in advance.

Elaine

Hi Elaine & Brian,

Thanks for your replies. i did get a call from the travel agent yesterday to say that our tickets will arrive in about 10 days, so that doesn't leave alot of time between then and leaving the UK!!

I am really glad I asked now as I wasn't expecting any of this!:eek:

One concern is that Brian wrote......

Should be good on warm Caribbean night. - are there going to be cold Caribbean nights???? I wasn't planning on taking any woolies with me & I do feel the cold something rotten. :mad:

Macalifrog... Hi! I asked the same question last year, but you will not need woolies, it was always warm on the deck last year in December (evenings) it is only chilly inside the ship with the air con (restaurant) etc. you may only need a pashmina / shrug then. PS I go on 19. Dec, very excited!! :) Fiona x

Just back and had a fabulous time on the transatlantic. You won't believe how much warmer it is in the Caribbean, but take a brolly!

Pirate show great fun, a few people dressed up as did all the children. B&W was lovely though a few wore coloured dresses. I lightweight wrap is all you need inside in the evening, but wrap up warm for your arrival back in the UK, its a real shock to the system!

Have a great time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived