How many kids aboard Infinity December

oavcech95

How many kids are in a cruise for Christmas and New Year?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many kids are in a cruise for Christmas and New Year?

Not as many if the cruise were not going to South America. Holiday cruises are generally jammed with kids, but because this is an itinerary that generally doesn't attract many families (I've been on 3 SA cruises and the number of kids on those cruises were less than 10), the number will be a lot fewer. If this were just a regular cruise itinerary, staying in the Caribbean, then I'd say you'd have hundreds of kids, but I think because it's a more distant and exotic itinerary, and because of the current economy, I would say the number of children will be far, far less than your normal Holiday cruise.

You just never know. Since we will be on Cunard next year, we are being told that there *may* only be 150-200 kids onboard.

It depends on the itinerary. And since yours is more exotic...it may not have as many kids.

Now, with that being said, I am not worried that my kids will have a good time. With a smaller kids club, that just means there will be more one on one attention. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Infinity carries less than 2000 passengers. I find it difficult to believe that even on a holiday cruise, there would be more than 250 kids on board. Certainly, I can't see how there could be 500 or more on a ship of less than 2000 total berths. I could see that many on those behemoth ships like Oasis or Freedom where passenger capacity is more than 3000, but not on a Celebrity ship. Celebrity isn't known for attracting nearly as many kids as RCCI, NCL or Carnival ships. I'm not saying they don't want kids, but as with all things, families seem to be attracted more to lines like RCCI/NCL/Carnival. On our SA cruise on Millennium a few years ago, a sister ship to Infinity, we had less than 100 kids total, and a lot of those were toddlers and younger

IMHO, having been on two Celebrity (Galaxy) Christmas cruises (one including New Years), I can say that on the Caribbean cruises there were at least 200+ children.

With your itinerary in the past there are more than likely going to be fewer children. HOWEVER, with all of the great cruise "deals" out there, imo, more people will be looking at exotic itineraries because they are more affordable. Another words, there may be more kids cruising than you would have thought simply because there are more families aboard.

There are many many families who have cruised extensively throughout the Caribbean, it only makes sense that as these SA cruises become more affordable, families will take them under consideration for something "different".

I know in our family having cruised throughout the Caribbean including the Panama Canal, we are also considering SA cruising as an option for the future.

IMHO, having been on two Celebrity (Galaxy) Christmas cruises (one including New Years), I can say that on the Caribbean cruises there were at least 200+ children.

With your itinerary in the past there are more than likely going to be fewer children. HOWEVER, with all of the great cruise "deals" out there, imo, more people will be looking at exotic itineraries because they are more affordable. Another words, there may be more kids cruising than you would have thought simply because there are more families aboard.

There are many many families who have cruised extensively throughout the Caribbean, it only makes sense that as these SA cruises become more affordable, families will take them under consideration for something "different".

I know in our family having cruised throughout the Caribbean including the Panama Canal, we are also considering SA cruising as an option for the future.

You are correct, so like I see in the pool there will be so so of kids.

There's no way on earth that Infinity will have 1000 kids on board when they carry less then 2000 passengers total, unless every adult on board will have at least 10 kids each. It's totally impossible for that many kids, regardless if it's Christmas or not. I've been on X many times, and if they have anywhere near 500, that will also be way over their average. My guess will be somewhere between 250 and 300, and even with that many, it's way over what any Celebrity cruise averages even during school vacation time.

BTW, why are you so concerned with how many kids will be on board? No matter how many there will be, they will have a kids program and seeing that you're on such a great itinerary, your kids can't possible be bored.

Archived