Live From The JEWELL Of The SEAS

Just might be the pyramid at Tulum.

Rick and Deirdra

Tulum is about 60 miles down the coast from Cozumel, so there is no way you would see it from the dock in Cozumel. It might just be Playa Del Carmen. From the dock area it is uphill with all stores, restaurants and such so that might be what you are seeing.

Trainman... you just ruined my night!!!!:mad: No more crepes! :mad: However... Thanks for all the live posts... You are giving us great info!

BAD NEWS Cruisers! :(

No more crapes in the Solarium Café!

DSCN7738.jpg

Pizza, Hot Dogs, Snack sandwiches only

Thanks Radio!

You have set the standard for "LIVE" posts that the rest of us aspire to meet.

I love the photos you are posting !

Keep 'em coming . . . . You are making a GREAT "LIVE" Post !

How is the connection speed for you on Jewel?

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TrainMan, between you and Radio and your phenomenal live posts, I may never have to cruise again - I can live vicariously through you!!! :D

Thanks for taking the time to post, and also to upload your pics! I look forward to more!!:)

We were on b2b cruises on the Jewel in September and our Head Waiter, Mr. G., was the best. :) I think some passengers called him Geno. He's from Turkey and was the Head Waiter for My Time dining. Our dining experence on the Jewel was our best ever with great food and even better service.

Here's a picture of Mr. G at work. IMG_2475.jpg

We were with Suzyluvs2cruise for 24 days aboard the Jewel. We're STILL talking about it. The best experience in over 35 cruises and 6 cruise lines. Keep posting because we're reliving our experience all over again.

My guess is the Occidental Grand at Xcaret! Here is a shot... Do I win???

2261264380099108734S500x500Q85.jpg

1445074173067623890S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't think that is it, in Trainman's photo there is what looks like a flagpole to the right of the building which is not at the Occidental Grand and something flying from the top of the building.

Trainman-2: Thanks for the great updates and photos. We were on the Jewel to the Baltics in the Summer of 07 and look forward to our Repo Cruise on her next October from Boston to Miami via Aruba etc. Hope they bring back the Crepes though, did you check in the mid to late afternoon? That is when they usually did them in 07.

Trainman..........thanks so much for allowing us to experience thru you photos and words.............that makes me feel that I'm there with you.

You are a special person!! Anyone that is willing to do what you do....to keep us informed and feel that we are traveling with you..............all that I can say is..........

THANK YOU!!

Rick

Jewell of the Seas, 10 night Western Caribbean and Partial Panama Canal Transit

Hello Everyone,

Internet access is very slow on the Jewell, even with the ships WI-FI system so please bear with me.

We drove from our home in Fort Mill, SC to Daytona Beach, FL and visited with my Mom and Brother for a few days. On Thursday we drove to Miami and stayed at the Hilton Miami Downtown. The hotel was booked for us by RCI.

Although the Hilton is an exceptionally nice hotel, we are upset with the management and the Hilton home office will receive a strongly worded letter of complaint after our cruise. We booked a smoking room with RCI long in advance. About a month ago I contacted RCI and they called the hotel and confirmed that we had a smoking room. Last Monday night I personally called the Hotel and confirmed that we had a smoking room. When we arrived we were told that the entire hotel was non-smoking and the Manager had the attitude that we should have known that. We have met three other couples on the cruise that had the same problem with the Hilton.

Like I said, it is a nice hotel, especially for non-smokers. Here is the view from our room looking north on US-1, Biscayne Blvd.

DSCN7641.jpg

Our itinerary has changed due to a "Labor action" on Labadee and Hurricane Paloma.

MIA-LAB-CTG-PTY-CTB-PRT-GCM-MIA.gif083214W_sm.gif

I will be doing a bunch of short posts because of the unsureness of the Internet here on the Jewell.

Hello,

Tells us more. We will be going on the Jewel of The Seas on January 9th. When are the formal nights on this itinerary? Any information or advice would be nice. Thank you!

Enjoy your cruise:)

I don't think that is it, in Trainman's photo there is what looks like a flagpole to the right of the building which is not at the Occidental Grand and something flying from the top of the building.

Possibly not the Occidental, but if you look at the satellite image you can see the shadow of the tower (which I believe is the "scenic tower" at Xcaret) next to the large building. I am having trouble identifying the large building. It is possibly new construction. I don't think it is a flag on top of the building but perhaps a construction crane in the foreground or behind the building. Here is a different view....

2091772010099108734S600x600Q85.jpg

Or... the other possibility is the ore or grain facility located just to the left of Xcaret... the "building could be a massive pile of some type of ore. It could also be an ore conveyor we see that looks like it is on top of the building... here is that image...

2608019280099108734S600x600Q85.jpg

Here are two afternoon photos of the ferry that take you from the ship to the mainland of Mexico for the Tulum Ruins Tour. In the first the ferry is turning around after off loading its passengers near the ship.

DSCN7721.jpg

Here is is on the way to wherever it spends the night...

DSCN7724.jpg

not sure what it is but we saw as we went to Calica in January on the Lynyrd Skynyrd Cruise.

Thanks for the link to your photo. Here is is darkened up a bit. I think that this is what we saw but we still don't know for sure what it is...

cancun.jpg

It surely is a recently built structure and probably part of a resort.

Here it is, 3:30 pm yesterday and time for departure from Cozumel. Look at all of the happy cruisers lined up along the railing to see if anyone misses the ship.

Only 6 people were late but they decided to "be cool" and not run. The ship waited about 3 extra minures for them.

DSCN7731.jpg

Archived