Door between connecting cabins-noise?

albertiger

I just upgraded to a balcony on Liberty and carefully chose it based on the latest brochure deck plans. Now I find out its a cabin with a door connecting to the cabin next door.

My question is, Can anyone tell me from experience if these are well soundproofed or is there "noise leakage" from the neighbors in the adjoining cabin?:confused:

we had adjoining cabins on the destiny not long ago - i'm not sure if the doors are of the same construction, but they're rather similar ships...

there are two doors (one on either side) that open... when one was closed and the other propped open - if you're loud in one room (laughing, talking loudly with a group of people, etc.) you could hear it a bit... but when both were closed (as would be the case, assuming you don't know the people in the other cabin), it wasn't a problem at all - no more than it would normally be through the common wall. that was my experience.

I just upgraded to a balcony on Liberty and carefully chose it based on the latest brochure deck plans. Now I find out its a cabin with a door connecting to the cabin next door.

My question is, Can anyone tell me from experience if these are well soundproofed or is there "noise leakage" from the neighbors in the adjoining cabin?:confused:

Well our experience we hat a CAT11 wrap on the Legend.. that was an adjoining room.. and lets just say we found out what the guys name was and we didn't have to meet them face to face:eek: So yes the noise travels I find alot thru that door.. also the female had one heck of a nasty cough:eek:

Well our experience we hat a CAT11 wrap on the Legend.. that was an adjoining room.. and lets just say we found out what the guys name was and we didn't have to meet them face to face:eek: So yes the noise travels I find alot thru that door.. also the female had one heck of a nasty cough:eek:

Were you in 4237? :D

We had 4237 on Spirit and yes, we could hear the people in the next cabin, but only when we were sitting on the sofa next to the adjoining door and our neighbors were also near the door. It wasn't a problem for us but if our neighbors were loud it might have been.

Were you in 4237? :D

We had 4237 on Spirit and yes, we could hear the people in the next cabin, but only when we were sitting on the sofa next to the adjoining door and our neighbors were also near the door. It wasn't a problem for us but if our neighbors were loud it might have been.

Yes we were how did ya know LOL:p

Yes it was mostly when we were on the sofa.. but with those cabins.. there really is no where else to sit except outside.. and this was at anytime of the day.. so we didn't know when we were gonna have the show:D But if you don't have noisy neighbours you would have no problems.. I was thinking of taking the towels and placing them at the bottom of the door.. I should have but I just went outside or to the other room when it got alittle loud LOL (they were newlyweds so I don't think they left the cabin at all)!!!

I have been in those connecting rooms twice.

One on the Glory and one on RCL Liberty and yes

you can hear the other people talking and their

converstations. It wasn't that bad, but next time

I would not get one connecting unless it was

for my kids.

KruznKel's my DW (or DGF... eh, take your pick).

I actually found it entertaining... they were newlyweds, so they weren't there to enjoy the destinations. I was about to start banging the door and saying "YEAH!!!! GO FOR IT!!!" :D

I thought better of that though. I wouldn't want to mortify anyone :D

We had a similar situation once in San Antonio. The couple next door were honeymooners and loudly amorous. We sent them a bottle of champagne through room service. The card read "Congratulations!....from the strangers in the next room". That took care of the problem. ;)

From the varied answers, I would say it must depend on the ship and the level of noise. We sailed on the Ecstacy and had connecting cabins with family members. There was a single door, but unless the four-year-old was screaming at the top of her lungs, we didn't hear a thing!:)

We had a similar situation once in San Antonio. The couple next door were honeymooners and loudly amorous. We sent them a bottle of champagne through room service. The card read "Congratulations!....from the strangers in the next room". That took care of the problem. ;)

ROFLMAO LUV IT!!! Very creative.. I will have to remember that one!!!:D

Archived