Celebrity Century

RCola

My partner and I are going on the Century and have an outside room on the panorama deck #8. When looking at the deck layout online vs a picture of the ship, it looks like the panorama deck cabins are behind the life boats or very close to them. Does anyone know where I can see a larger and more detailed picture of the Century or know what kind of view we will have from our room. Two things I don't want is an obstructed view, or to look out and see passengers walking on by infront of the window.

My partner and I are going on the Century and have an outside room on the panorama deck #8. When looking at the deck layout online vs a picture of the ship, it looks like the panorama deck cabins are behind the life boats or very close to them. Does anyone know where I can see a larger and more detailed picture of the Century or know what kind of view we will have from our room. Two things I don't want is an obstructed view, or to look out and see passengers walking on by infront of the window.

RCola, We were just on the Century 10/16 sailing. First let me say that you will love the ship; the food, service, and ambiance is exceptional. Celebrity strives for excellance and hit it on this ship.

As far as the view, there are no obstructed cabins on the panorama deck. The life boats are on the Entertainment deck and the most you might see would be the top on one if you looked down. Your window will be over your bed so when you look out you will see the ocean. The Promenade deck is below the life boats so one one would be walking in front of your window.

In my opinion you picked a perfect deck to be on. By being on the 5th deck up you should have a fairly stable ride.

HI,

There are no outside cabins that have a deck right outside their window, so don't worry. The only way the view would be obstructed is if you decided to "do it" infront of the window :-). The Century is a great ship. I am going with my partner on the Century this Dec and we too are on Deck 8 ( 8222).

Our 3rd on the Century. We love it, I will bet you will too. Have fun

Jeff

Thanks for the replies, I am very happy to hear we got a good room!!! I want to do what I can to have a most enjoyable cruise for my partner, so I am making sure there are no unexpected surprises.

We depart next weekend, so unfortunately we will not see you bilgeboy. This is our second Celebrity cruise and, based on the good comments about the Century, it just may be even better than our last one.

I do have another question. I would like to get on the ship before the crowds, (my partner hates long lines) do you know how early they let you check in?

Thanks for the replies, I am very happy to hear we got a good room!!! I want to do what I can to have a most enjoyable cruise for my partner, so I am making sure there are no unexpected surprises.

We depart next weekend, so unfortunately we will not see you bilgeboy. This is our second Celebrity cruise and, based on the good comments about the Century, it just may be even better than our last one.

I do have another question. I would like to get on the ship before the crowds, (my partner hates long lines) do you know how early they let you check in?

RCola, Although our offical boarding time was 1:30pm we started boarding around 11:30am. Due to the fact that the ship starts boarding once it's cleared by customs and the Coast Guard there is no set time for this to happen. I usually shoot for noon when we cruise. Have a good trip.

Hi R,

If this your 2nd Celebrity cruise, you qualify for the Captains club. You get a bit faster check in. Call Celebrity to sign up. The check in really goes quick. I have never spend more than 20 minutes in line. HAve a great time,.

Jeff

Archived