Staterooms beside elevators

EI83

1st time cruisers on the Pride out of Baltimore next year. Some rooms with the double-sized balconys look very nice but are located beside the elevators. Are these rooms going to catch extra noise because of the location?

1st time cruisers on the Pride out of Baltimore next year. Some rooms with the double-sized balconys look very nice but are located beside the elevators. Are these rooms going to catch extra noise because of the location?

We've been by the elevators several times and never noticed any extra noise

We alway book as close to elevators as possible, My Sister doesn't like feeling closed in, so the long hallways bother her, therefore I book close to the elevators because of the opening. I have never had a problem with noise.

If I did, I would just order another drink and forget about it anyway!

There are NO balcony cabins beside the elevators. The elevators are contained in a elevator-stairwell lobby. They are walled off from the cabin hallways. If your cabin was right at the lobby opening you MIGHT hear the 'ping' when the elevator arrives. Loud people entering the cabin hallway are a possibility, but that's true even if you are 20 cabins away from the elevators.

Dan

We had a cabin by the elevator this past September. I really liked it. We didn't hear any extra noise, and it was great to step off the elevator and be at your cabin without having to walk that long walk past 25 cabins to get to yours. In fact, our next cruise, I am going to book as close to the elevators as possible again. ;)

• 2 months later...
Slightly OT -- when is your cruise? We're sailing on May 10th out of Baltimore.

We just recently sailed on the Miracle which is the same design as the Pride. Our cabin was one away from the elevator. It was cabin 8233. Cabin 8235 was right beside the elevator. We did not ever hear a sound from them-maybe the other cabin insulated us from the sound. I loved the location too.

here is a link to the deck plan

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do;jsessionid=722C6AB7BD1775C87738975F480046FF.p0247?shipId=145&deckId=862

I'll break from the crowd and say you do hear the "ping". In the mornings I'll confuse it with the announcement 'ping'. But I like to sleep late while on vacation.

I never heard any noise from the elevator itself or people..just the bell.

Bring some earplugs just in case.

One other thing about the elevator "ping": it rings once for up and twice for going down. Good to know when you're cued up in a crowd reacting to each bell.

I think there are only two cabins on each deck that are actually "next" to an elevator (aft starboard). The rest are across from an elevator.

I booked across from an elevator once. Was concerned beforehand, but loved it. No noise, but the convenient location was what I really liked. So much so, I booked the same cabin on a different ship the following year.

Archived