Nyc parking

mark e b

I cruise out of NYC on the Gem over Christmas and have a question about parking at the terminal. I read that parking can not be reserved and is on first come first serve basis. Do I have to be concerned about getting there super early to ensure a spot or does the lot normally accommodate all?

Guest maddycat

Parking shouldn't be a problem. The Gem will most likely be the only ship sailing from NYC in Dec. We haven't had trouble parking at the pier when 3 ships were docked there. We usually arrive at the pier around noon. By that time the previous week's cruise passengers have left and it isn't so crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time we cruised from the Manhattan pier 10/26/08 the parking lot was more than half empty. Maybe 40% full at most. It seems since they raised the price of parking from $18.00 per day to $30.00 per day many people have found alternative means of getting to the pier. We now take the train to the pier verses driving in and parking.

Archived