Has anyone used Island Marketing LTD?

cruisingoddess

We are looking for a catamaran tour to Stingray City. I found one through Island Marketing, LTD (grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com) It is a 50 ft catamaran named "Buccaneer". Does anyone have any experience with them? Any info would help - my 22 yo daughter is getting married on the Ruby Princess and we want everything to be be wonderful.

We have booked a trip through Captain Bryan's in Grand Cayman and will be going on a 50 foot catamaran named The Buccaneer, so perhaps it is one and the same? We are taking a three stop trip which goes to Stingray City and then two other stops. We have done the Stingray City and are not really interested in repeating that, but do want to snorkel so we have gone with this trip. We will be in Grand Cayman next Thursday, so will let you know when we return. Have you checked Captain Bryan's website?

We are looking for a catamaran tour to Stingray City. I found one through Island Marketing, LTD (grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com) It is a 50 ft catamaran named "Buccaneer". Does anyone have any experience with them? Any info would help - my 22 yo daughter is getting married on the Ruby Princess and we want everything to be be wonderful.

We took the "Buccaneer" trip back in September. To be honest, I was a little disappointed in it. Nothing went wrong, but I didn't like the short time spent at each of the 3 stops. The first stop is at Stingray City and it really is a lot of fun and very interesting. The draw back to me was that once they got through taking the individual and group pictures that they try and sell you (no high pressure, and I understand they are running a business) it's time to leave. Then you go to a barrier reef about 500 yards away and snorkel there for about 20 minutes. After the barrier reef, you then go to the Coral Gardens (again, only 500 yards away) and snorkel there for another 20 minutes. I would have much rather stayed at one spot for a longer period to snorkel, rather than to have to keep getting on and off the boat. The only time that you sail is on the way back. The boat is nice, the people were nice, but it felt very rushed to me....that's just my opinion. You wont have a bad time, I just feel like it would have been better to stay in one place longer. It's worth the money they charge, just don't know if it's worth the time invested.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived