Hooking DVD player to cabin TV

stbmom

Is this possible?

Is there a special cable we need to take to make this happen?

Thanks!

I kinda depends on the ship.

If your ship has the new flat screen TVs it's quite easy. There's a access panel on the back of the TV that covers all the inputs and you can change the input with the remote control:

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

The older TVs, the CRT type, have audio and video inputs in the back, right hand side, but they are very difficult to reach and I didn't find a method of changing the input...

I'd love to know about the Spirit in this regard. They look like the old TV's in the pictures I've seen, but are they likely to be upgraded to the flat screen TV's during their March 2009 dry dock time?

I'd love to know about the Spirit in this regard. They look like the old TV's in the pictures I've seen, but are they likely to be upgraded to the flat screen TV's during their March 2009 dry dock time?

Yep... all the ships are getting the flat screen lcd TVs... They're far more energy efficient than the old CRT types and have a vastly better picture...

I know glory you can not hook anything up to the tv. they still have the analog televisions. won't be changed till it goes into dry dock in late 09.

I won't say what i want to say because i am going to mind my own business. However, I would not be carrying a DVD player on a ship. There is too much to do to be in the cabin watching a movie. Unless you plan on staying in your cabin all the time, then why cruise?

Does anyone know if the Liberty has flat screen or CRT TVs? If it has the flat screen, do they take HDMI input.

From the pictures I've seen the Liberty has the CRT style TVs.

The flat screen TVs do not accept HDMI, they do, however, accept component or SVideo inputs...

When we sailed the Mirace in April, we carried our portable DVD player. The rooms had the old CRT TVs which had A/V inputs in the front. I took the standard cable that came with the DVD player (its got a single audio black pin and a video yellow pin on the one side and Red, White and Yellow pins on the other, also called RCA) that I connected with the TV. I was able to change the TV Input mode from the remote and our daughter was able to enjoy all the Dora DVDs that we had.

On another note, we are sailing the Valor in Jan...can anyone tell me if they have the new LCDs or the old CRTs in the cabin ?

Thanks much...

Does anyone know if the Liberty has flat screen or CRT TVs? If it has the flat screen, do they take HDMI input.

As of last week 11/1/08 sailing, Liberty still had CRT televisions at least in the Oceanview Room that we were in. I was hoping that was going to be something that was changed in the drydock last month, but evidently not.

Stingray

Liberty 11/1/08

Valor 10/7/07

Inspiration 10/9/06

Triumph 10/16/04

Paradise 10/5/03

Triumph 9/22/01

Sensation 2/99

Celebration 10/92

Norwegian Sea 10/91

Archived