No Fruit Punch on Lido Deck

Wennfred

Not being able to trust the sugar content in the mixed juices I bring flavors of Crystal Light on board and mix, green tea and rum, wild strawberry and vodka, etc. Easy to pack and carry around. My hubby did like the Lido lemonade but found the fruit punch a little too sweet, he solved this problem, added more vodka or rum :D

Ok sorry, just sounded like you were being mean. I get room service every morning for coffee and bagels (not a big breakfast eater) and the punch is great with malibu rum, not everyone drinks soda or alcohol and truely I drink water mostly. I still get my share of DOD's and spend enough in the shops that I don't feel I'm taking away from Carnival by not buying their expensive soda cards.

Have never ordered room service for food later because frankly we get way too much to eat at the other meals, but some like it.

I'm especially thinking those teens with hollowed out legs get alot of mileage from the room service.:D

Cheers, Carole

Four years ago, punch disappeared. They said that they were looking for a punch that wouldn't stain carpet. I think they are just trying to get a cheaper supplier.

Second, one problem I have with their lemonade and punch is that it is too strong. It is like there is too much concentrate and not enough water. We always have to add 20% water.

They could save some $if they did this. Plus it has less calories.

Huh, there is all sorts of soda's. dod and a full bar? I guess I'm confused

ahhhhh...all things that must be paid for. :D

NO not dising anyone I just would think my cruise was ruined because some beverage was missing. I doubt I would even give it a second thought. On room service I have it every morning for the balcony but I had no idea so many ate it later in the day. Nothing wrong with it just new info to me

No one said it ruined their cruise...but more choices are always better for everyone.

;):D

It's just easier to get your drink at the beverage station near the buffet line.

Just got off of Triumph and Fruit Punch was alive and kicking. It was there the entire time except the last day. They had apple instead. They may have just run out of Fruit Punch. Too many of us making Rum Punch!!:D:D

Huh, there is all sorts of soda's. dod and a full bar? I guess I'm confused

yes, you are confused:confused:, fruit punch is free, sodas, dod's, and full bar costs money. thats the diff. not too difficult to figure out.:rolleyes:

Four years ago, punch disappeared. They said that they were looking for a punch that wouldn't stain carpet. I think they are just trying to get a cheaper supplier.

Second, one problem I have with their lemonade and punch is that it is too strong. It is like there is too much concentrate and not enough water. We always have to add 20% water.

They could save some $if they did this. Plus it has less calories.

Being in the restaurant business, I am familiar with their equiipment used for dispensing those juice drinks and because of the type of equipment used and it is a concentrate (unlike soft drinks from a fountain), it cannot be "brixed" as a soft drink is ie. ratio of concentrate to water or carbonation Co2, thus the need to cut it with water as you do. I am sure they could make batches of it cut to a less sweet drink, but the staff only knows how to open and pour ! It is tooo sweet I agree unless cut with water or adding a little "Punch" to it from Rum or Vodka !! :p

Upon returning from my recent cruise, I notified Carnival ragarding the lack of avaiable free beverages on the Lido deck. We had a choice of ice tea and Lemonade, and water. Most of the coffee machines were down, so even the coffee did not flow as freely. There was once a time when you could go to the Lido deck and get a choice of Apple Juice, Orange Juice, Fruit Punch, and another juice (this cruise for breakfast was guavaberry) Ice tea, water, Lemonade, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. They did have Apple juice in pitchers sitting around, but it was not the same. I was very disappointed in the free beverages this time. As I said before the soda card came in handy for me this time because I was able to get tomato juice.

Not being able to trust the sugar content in the mixed juices I bring flavors of Crystal Light on board and mix, green tea and rum, wild strawberry and vodka, etc. Easy to pack and carry around. My hubby did like the Lido lemonade but found the fruit punch a little too sweet, he solved this problem, added more vodka or rum :D

The passionfruit and guava used to be my fav until one day i was there when they were refiling the machine and read the ingredients:(the sugar content was unbelievable and i havnt touched a drop since(I am diabetic)I too use crystal lite and have learnt to make the most amazing drinks that are virtually sugarfree.Infact we cant get it in the uk and when i was over in florida in sept I brought loads of it back home with me.(will be buying even more to bring on the splendor with me in jan:D)

I hope the fruit punch is back by our trip in Jan. I don't make rum punch but sure sounds yummy! I dont mind water or lemonade either. I dont do tea. My kids will miss the punch the most. I dont by them soda cards they are too spendy and we dont drink that much soda at home why pay twice as much on vacation for it. They dont care for tea. My youngest does not care for lemonade so that leaves him with the choice of water. Trying to get a 8 year old to drink water all the time is crazy. I guess I will just have to bring the packets with my just in case.

Archived