Do I need a coke card if I am staying in a suite

ruttie

So, from what I understand, in addition to an awesome room, I can look forward to free goodies in the mini bar, daily?

What other perks usually come with the Royal Suite? This will be our 1st, so we're not really sure what to expect.

jennifer2.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas

(Royal Suite) 4/17/05, 7 Day Eastern Caribbean (2nd Anniversary)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Pride

(Category 11) 4/25/04, 7 day Mexican Riviera (1 year Anniversary!)

Carnival Conquest

(Category 12)4/27/03,7 Day Western Caribbean(Honeymoon & 1st cruise)

Notail

31841757-4e83-0080005F-.jpg

Jennifer & Shaun on the Conquest

31841758-8d64-00670080-.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ruttie:

Thanks guys I am a convienance type person while I do not drink a lot of coke I definelty waste alot... I like it fresh and fizzy so that is why i usually buy the soda card my hubby is constantly going and getting me a coke so I can sip.. (i don;t think I have ever actually finished one though...) It's not that I am against the soda card just was wondering cause like this topic it is a little confusing still as to weather you get coke for free in a suite so far I am getiing it is up to the conceirge. Or take a mug and they will fill it? but a few reports are that they will restock your mini fridge daily with/out charge any one else know if this is true....

I would not buy and bring on thta is just too much trouble for me.. like i said I am into conveinace and hubby is very convient to go get stuff.. And oh yeah as to if we are planning on spendding much time in our suite thats a big fat YEP!!! If i can get away with it I will eat in there!!!! icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There IS a charge for the stuff in the grand suite minibar. Royal suite is another situation. I love fresh and fizzy and really don't care for most fountain soda. It is often improperly mixed and either too fizzy or nearly flat. On the other hand, a nice can pops open with that wonderful freshness that only a can or bottle can insure. I found that I could get a glass of soda during breakfast time in the concierge lounge as well as at 5 PM. (You can get more, but we had early seating and I can't just chug a coke.)

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

Thanks to all your replies!! I kinda get a good feel for this now. I guess I just wish they would still allow coke for free in the dining room.. that generally did it for me.... Like a previuos poster said i like it fizzy and it looks kinda funny vbringing in a can to the nice formal dining rroom, *sigh* Again thansk for teh replies now I can get on to teh fun stuff finally narrowing it down to a cruise ship and route!!!

For those soda lovers and I'm one of them, I also like my soda fresh and fizzy. I read that with the soda cards many times the fountain sodas are not that tasty. On the Adventure and Radiance of the seas you were able to buy 20 oz bottles of soda for $2 each in the liqour store on board, no tip added. I did that but also while on shore I'd pick up soda. It becomes costly to buy soda from the bar, but Idon't think I'd drink enough for the soda card, especially if the soda isn't that good.

I'm in a junior suite next Jan, are there any perks for that type of cabin?

Happy Cruiser

Brillance of the Seas Panama canal Jan2005

Radiance of the Seas Thanksgiving 2004

Vision of the Seas Oct 2004

Radiance of the Seas Jan 2004

Adventure of the Seas Nov 2003 25 th Anniversary

Enchantment Oct 2002

Rhapsody Alaska Aug 2001

Horizon Bermuda July 2000

Sovereign Jan 1996 and November 1991

Monarch Nov 1993

Majesty Nov 1992