Live Star Princess Nov 10 - 20, 08

vickie_bernie

Just have to agree with Vickie. It's been a great cruise. The ship is fantastic, and the service is just as good.

The weather was much warmer today so got to lay by the pool.

Went to the Crown Grill tonight. Wasn't the best, had to mention several times that we wanted to go to the late show.

My steak was a little well done, they offered to give me a new one, but there just wasn't time. As I said it was ok, not sure it's worth the $ 20 pp. we went on the Golden last May and had a great time. They seemed to have changed the menu also.

I'm not complaining, as I'm happy just being on a cruise.

had fun with the "service dogs" today. It was fun to see them playing. One even tried to get into the pool. The net was over the pool, so it took several pool deck hands to get the dog untangled.

I'm off to bed, we turn the clocks back again tonight. Have to rest up for another "hard day" at the pool

Would someone please be kind enough to look at the Piazza and especially the sitting areas that are one step down from the main level. When you're on the main level, is that drop-off marked in any way? If you can post a photo, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Vickie & Bernie -- What a wild start! Our 3 cats are jealous of all the attention. So when will there be a Cats cruise??

All is moving forward with the Grand bunch. Have posted a final request today for Meet & Greet participants. We have the potential for 30 if people respond.

Be sure to bring pictures along in January.

Dick

vines -- miss the Emerald's Vines -- this vines doesn't have any nice tables to sit at and enjoy the wine, just one large high board room type table and a bunch of stand up bars..

Vickie,

I am disappointed to hear this! Will be on the Star in April and like you I really enjoy Vines when I sailed on the Crown. Sounds like Princess "missed the boat" :rolleyes: on this one. It is so strange that they do not have tables. We went there every night on my recent Crown cruise.

I'm here with Vickie and the gang - great group and fabulous cruise!

Hi Chris,

Tried to quote you but it's lost at sea - thank you (and Mike) for the wine - it's our favorite, how did you know?;)

The shore excursion desk is where the internet cafe used to be.

Vickie.. What was the problem using your old coffee card? We used ours on our Oct 21 cruise on the Star with no problem. I still have a couple of punches left which I plan to use on our April cruise.

Also, say hi to Bruce and Sharon from Larry & Ginger

Hello my friend! Wonderful cruise thus far, great table, met Saulo by accident (he delivered our coffee one morning) nice guy. I phoned Bill and Barbara about my free drink.;) And we have the good glasses! Couldn't ask for more.

Any reason why there have been 3 Captains on 4 cruises?

Family emergencies forced Captain Perrin to take over for the Captain of the Diamond Princess in Japan. This brought about the "field promotion" of Staff Captain Street to Captain for the previous cruise. Captain McBain joined the ship as the Star's new Captain in SFO on 11/10, Staff Captain Street is still onboard.

Chris.. Looks like all is well on the Star.. Interesting about Saulo. I did not think that waiters did room service. If you run into him again, tell him that Larry said that he did not answer my email that I sent to him with the pictures.. :mad:

Hopefully my cuz bought you that drink.. :D

:eek:Hi All, It is Thursday Night (yup just got confirmation). Donna Bernie says hi to Lawrence -- he misses him!

John and Karin are right beside us we had a wonderful dinner tonight in the dining room with them. It was French night -- had the French Onion Soup (it is back on the menu) and th frog legs, personally I found them way too salty. The pork was good I heard, and also the duck. But the best in my book was the raspberry creme brule, it was so good the waiter sent one back via room service to each of our cabins!

Another rough day at sea. We had an interesting breakfast in the dining room this morning. mainly because of the conversation from our table mates :)

We ended back up in the Sancturary, oh my goodness we can never go back to the regular lounge chairs. Heck we almost want to take that cushion from the lounge chair and put on our bed. For some reason our matress is still one of the old ones (everyone else seems to have a new matress) egg crate helps a bit.

Bernie saw MUTS last night it was "The Black Night" he loved it. I went and saw the comedian Milt Abel he was okay, good for a few laughs but heck I was on a cruise!!!

Weather is GREAT! We are in Alcapulco tomorrow at noon.

Trying to remember if there is a step in the Atrium, I will check and report back. There are lots of places to sit all around the Piazza that doesn't require a step.

Brian and all the dogs are great, but remember they are all service dogs and are at work.

Well I have to sign off --

Greetings all,

A fabulous day today in Zihua - it's HOT! Taking it easy today after a busy day and a late night in Acapulco, dinner ashore with friends from the ship and then the tropical night deck party!

We can't figure it out but champagne and chocolate covered strawberries seem to be appearing in our cabin everyday - so if it's from any of you THANKS A BUNCH! :D

Larry, drinks tonight with Barbara and Bill at the Wheelhouse - wanna come along???

Till next time...

:eek:Hi All, It is Thursday Night (yup just got confirmation). Donna Bernie says hi to Lawrence -- he misses him!

John and Karin are right beside us we had a wonderful dinner tonight in the dining room with them. It was French night -- had the French Onion Soup (it is back on the menu) and th frog legs, personally I found them way too salty. The pork was good I heard, and also the duck. But the best in my book was the raspberry creme brule, it was so good the waiter sent one back via room service to each of our cabins!

Another rough day at sea. We had an interesting breakfast in the dining room this morning. mainly because of the conversation from our table mates :)

We ended back up in the Sancturary, oh my goodness we can never go back to the regular lounge chairs. Heck we almost want to take that cushion from the lounge chair and put on our bed. For some reason our matress is still one of the old ones (everyone else seems to have a new matress) egg crate helps a bit.

Bernie saw MUTS last night it was "The Black Night" he loved it. I went and saw the comedian Milt Abel he was okay, good for a few laughs but heck I was on a cruise!!!

Weather is GREAT! We are in Alcapulco tomorrow at noon.

Trying to remember if there is a step in the Atrium, I will check and report back. There are lots of places to sit all around the Piazza that doesn't require a step.

Brian and all the dogs are great, but remember they are all service dogs and are at work.

Well I have to sign off --

Hi Vickie and Bernie,,

You sound to be having a great time in the heat of Mexico. Make sure you keep some of the 'great time' for January won't you..................

Colin

Greetings all,

A fabulous day today in Zihua - it's HOT! Taking it easy today after a busy day and a late night in Acapulco, dinner ashore with friends from the ship and then the tropical night deck party!

We can't figure it out but champagne and chocolate covered strawberries seem to be appearing in our cabin everyday - so if it's from any of you THANKS A BUNCH! :D

Larry, drinks tonight with Barbara and Bill at the Wheelhouse - wanna come along???

Till next time...

Your welcome.. :D:D

We had the same thing happen to us a few cruises back except no champagne.. No one could figure out why. I had to talk to a supervisor to stop it.. Way too many strawberries... :D

Give Barb and Bill our love and tell them they are in our prayers. They will understand..

yesterday in Alcapulco was a blast -- very hot but the locals just laughed and said this is cool!

We had a great day there. In the evening we met up with Roberto from the port along with Simon/Angelique from the roll call and went to Su Casa restaurant for dinner. Traffic is heavy as its a long weekend for mexico and many people have travelled to the coast for vacations.

The restaurant was so good, just as we remember. They gave us a bottle of wine free for the table because of the reports I 've made on the restaurant. The views were to die for. And well those margritas pack a punch if I do say so. I had two but man, they hit me hard! :D

We were to be back on the ship by 10:30 and we got back right at 10:30 the four of us were the last on board.

As Sharon mentioned it was island deck party night... it appeared to be very well attended. We danced up a storm along with many from our roll call -- Sharon and Bruce looked lovely in the Tropical outfits.

This morning we were up when we heard the ship's anchor drop, man it felt like it was just below my bed :D

We left the ship around 9 am and caught a taxi to La Ropa beach. The ship said the taxi fare should be $4 per car load, and we confirmed that with the driver and he said actually $3 so we thought that was nice that he was honest and tipped him well. We also arranged for him to come back and pick us up which he did.

Tonight is one of the Three Captain Circle receptions -- then we are meeting Rose and Jerry for dinner (love the option to eat with friends with anytime dinning) -- so 3 CC receptions show you how many repeats there are.

Colin we are really looking forward to seeing all our old friends in January. This trip has been great, great roll call and obviously some friends we look forward to seeing again.

Tomorrow is PV - we are heading to Bucerias.

Off to the Wheelhouse for drinks prior to dinner.

Thanks James for the bottles of wine!

Vickie - Enjoying all the live posts here! We are in Z Christmas week and want to go to La Ropa Beach. Where on the beach did you go? Do you remember name of the restaurant? Did you like the beach - nice sand, clear water, snorkeling??? Thanks for your help.

Greetings from PV,

Fantastic sunrise today as we arrived.

Bruce is off for his scuba dive and I'm soon joining a bunch of roll call folks for a day at Las Calatas.

Wonderful cruise, great staff - no complaints what-so-ever.

As Vickie said so many past passengers...the cut-off for the Captain's Luncheon is 28 cruises! :eek:

Your welcome.. :D:D

We had the same thing happen to us a few cruises back except no champagne.. No one could figure out why. I had to talk to a supervisor to stop it.. Way too many strawberries... :D

Give Barb and Bill our love and tell them they are in our prayers. They will understand..

Hi Larry,

Barbara called with the news and we've put off drinks for a couple of days, we completely understand and are so sorry for their loss. Our thoughts and prayers as well.

As to Saulo, cute story...I had left out the photos you sent me and as he was leaving the cabin he look down and said, "Hey, that's me. You know Larry and Ginger?" We couldn't help but be amazed. I've grabbed a quick picture of him with Bruce.

So funny about the strawberries, Bruce asked the room service attendant "Who's sending these?" when she dropped them off last night. She got the funniest look on her face and said, "The Ship". I always knew these ships were talking to us! Now if I could only get it to deliver a world cruise we'd be all set! ;) :D

Bye for now.

Greetings from PV,

As Vickie said so many past passengers...the cut-off for the Captain's Luncheon is 28 cruises! :eek: Sharon.. I thought the luncheon was for days not number of passengers. On our cruise, Anita the CC rep said the cut off for the luncheon was 280 days.

As to Saulo, cute story...I had left out the photos you sent me and as he was leaving the cabin he look down and said, "Hey, that's me. You know Larry and Ginger?" We couldn't help but be amazed. I've grabbed a quick picture of him with Bruce. If you run into him again, tell him he owes me an email and I will see him April 27th

Question.. How is your Head Waiter treating you? :D

Tomorrow is PV - we are heading to Bucerias.

Off to the Wheelhouse for drinks prior to dinner.

Thanks James for the bottles of wine!

heh Vickie!

Miss you on our board. Keeps me interested, though it is getting a lot closer now! have fun..

Archived