Issues with pushing Alternative Dining

Coolcruise02

We just got off the Coral. (had a great time!) I got very annoyed with the constant pushing to make a reservation at the alternative restaurants.

We were approached in the buffet daily (breakfast & lunch) and even while sitting around the pool to make a reservation for the alternative restaurants.

It started to get very obtrusive!

We were told any date or time was available. I realize we were on a 10 day cruise, but after reading posts on here about people not being able to get in or not getting their choice of times, I just wanted to let you know not to worry on the Coral!

Are they having trouble filling the tables???? We did not eat there so I don't know how full these dining rooms were, but evidently not enought.

Just so you know, I DIDN'T let this stop me from having a wonderful cruise!

I do agree for some reason they seem to be pushing the Personal Choice Dining. I have found this to be the case quite often. I usually will select Traditional Dining, then you always have the choice of either Traditional or PC. Recently we were on the Star, I had booked a cruise with the cruise consultant. When I received my invoice, she had automatically placed me on the PC dining. When I brought this to her attention and asked her to change it, she explained that most of their traveled guests prefer this type of dining, she was suprised that I would not want this. Belle

Interesting.. I was on the Coral this past April/May and again in September.. Not once was I approached by anyone about making reservations at any of the restaurants. I did notice that the Bayou and Sabitinis always had open tables.. Guess people do not like paying the extra $$

Interesting.. I was on the Coral this past April/May and again in September.. Not once was I approached by anyone about making reservations at any of the restaurants. I did notice that the Bayou and Sabitinis always had open tables.. Guess people do not like paying the extra $$

I cruised with LARGIN and never was approached. That being said, if you do not eat at the Bayou, you are missing out on the best meal of the cruise. I ate there 7 or 8 times on the 24-days I was on the Coral this summer. Sabatini's is very good as well, but I liked the Bayou better.

I have not used any of the Alternative dining rooms. And I did not notice any pushing or hard sell of them on my March/2004 Grand Princess cruise W.Carib. But the Princess cruises do have a tendency to push "something" each cruise I've been on. On our first cruise, it seemed like the photos were a must have -- not just photographers everywhere, but reminders daily in your mailbox and remainders at every show to go look at the photo displays. A few years ago you couldn't go anywhere without hearing about the Spa. On the last cruise, they seemed to be pushing the wine; we were even asked at breakfast if we wanted to pre-order our dinner wine. Fortunately it is not as high-pressure as time-share sessions, but it is a little annoying. They should have a "do not ask" button to wear on the cruise similar to the "do not call" list for your phone! Glad you enjoyed your cruise regardless.

I have been on numerous Princess cruises and I guess I am one of the lucky ones to say I have never been bugged by someone trying to push something on me.. Well maybe cept for the GD photographers standing at the bottom of the gangway in all of the ports.:)

It's called suggestive sell in the service industry and it is pervasive whether you are supersizing or ordering wine or dessert with a meal. We didn't mind the photos at the gangway, and were not bugged on our cruise. A simple no thank you usually works.

Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived