Disembarking

tam063

Can anyone tell me the latest time you can get off the ship. Our flight isn't until mid-afternoon & wanted to avoid hanging out in the airport any longer than we have to! We are sailing on the Dawn out of NYC

"" About "" 10:30 ;)

Around 10:30 is right and as of when we got off the Dawn on 10/26 they have freestyle disembarkation. This means you pick color coded tags based on the time you want to get off and then that morning you can relax, go to breakfast, whatever. You can also usually wait in your room instead of having to be out in a common area with your stuff.

You might want to consider taking a tour that winds up at the airport? the announcements will drive you crazy and you will be ready to get off by mid morning. Then there is all the crew busy cleaning getting ready for those lined up on the pier trying to get on.

please remember too that staying on board is not like the day you board when you have the run of the ship. you will be confined to either your room or a crowded common area, and bathrooms and things like coffee will be hard to come by.

It really is not much fun staying on as long as possible.

I agree with the poster that said take an excursion that ends at the airport, they take your luggage with you and drop you there. no hassles, you also get off earlier than most.

I had the same problem on the Spirit in Oct. My flight didn't leave until 2 something. I took the last disembarkation time, which was around 10:45, but since there were some customs issues with their computer, I didn't get off until 11:00. I took a taxi to the transportation center (can't remember the name amtrak, subway station, etc) and then took a bus to JFK (much cheaper). Got to the airport ate lunch, got to the gate with only about 30 mins to wait.

please remember too that staying on board is not like the day you board when you have the run of the ship. you will be confined to either your room or a crowded common area, and bathrooms and things like coffee will be hard to come by.

I agree with the poster that said take an excursion that ends at the airport, they take your luggage with you and drop you there. no hassles, you also get off earlier than most.

ooops

Not so . We had breakfast in the AFT cafe until around 10:15 , then walked around the deck before heading to the gang way.. Very orderly and we were not the last to Disembark by far.. And no you dont have to go sit in some crowded waiting area. This just not the case . Not saying you should be hanging around untill they have to drag you off.. ;)

How does getting off last work? Do they make a final call for last passengers to debark or are you just expected to recognize the last color and debark after it is called is called? We have been wondering about doing this in Quebec.

The announcements aren't that bad, especially if you are in your cabin. They do make plenty of announcements so you will know when you really have to be off. In fact we arrived so early for our last cruise that we heard the final call for passnegers to disembark.

Hey Becky,

Just figured I would give my 2 cents here;)yes Kevin and I were pleasantly surprised about this system of picking your own color and time to disembark the ship. As far as latitudes, flights etc...I guess you yourself determine which time best suits you. I thought it was a great new system put in place. When we did not receive our lugguage tags the day before disembarkation we began to wonder if they had forgotten. We then went down to guest relations and found out about this new system.

The luggage tags are right near the customer service desk, at least as far as the Dawn is concerned.

In my own opinion here I would just choose the color and time which best suits you.

Have a good weekend:)chat with ya soon

Laura

Hey Becky,

Just figured I would give my 2 cents here;)yes Kevin and I were pleasantly surprised about this system of picking your own color and time to disembark the ship. As far as latitudes, flights etc...I guess you yourself determine which time best suits you. I thought it was a great new system put in place. When we did not receive our lugguage tags the day before disembarkation we began to wonder if they had forgotten. We then went down to guest relations and found out about this new system.

The luggage tags are right near the customer service desk, at least as far as the Dawn is concerned.

In my own opinion here I would just choose the color and time which best suits you.

Have a good weekend:)chat with ya soon

Laura

Hey girl, are you gonna surprise us and disembark with us? Would be way awesome.

Hey girl, are you gonna surprise us and disembark with us? Would be way awesome.

I would love nothing better then to join you:)wish we could, but two years from now we will be cruising together I hope.

Talk with you next week:)

To others here, sorry for being off topic, had to chat with my girlfriend a bit;)

Laura

Archived