Carib. Princess Dolphine Deck Vista Suite

HeidiSD

We have the opportunity to book VS 736 on Dolphine Deck of Caribbean Princess Ship....concerns...smell of fumes...back of ship and is it so verandahs on this deck jut out of the superstructure and have no roofs...which renders them little privacy...would that include this suite...more important is how would it be with suite back of ship?

We had a suite on the Dolphin deck on the Crown Princess (basically the same ship). The balcony is covered so no problems with people looking down into your balcony. The issue with the totally uncovered balconies is only on the Dophin deck MINI-suites which are on the side of the ship.

We spent 9 days in the suite and had very few problems or issues. The only thing you'll find it is a HECK of a long way back there from everywhere else because it is literally the end of the ship!

Go with the suite. It is wonderful!

If you can book this suite, go for it. The balconies are very private and fully covered and you don't have to worry about exhaust fumes. Just be sure you mark your booking as "no upgrade" or you might end up in a PH on Riviera Deck - which is okay unless you like to sleep past 6 AM.

We had D736 on the CB back in August/September. If you're looking for quiet and privacy (along with space), go for it. There's no way anyone above you look down on your balcony as is the same for you to look below. Also while at sea, the sound from the wake gives you the feeling you're near a giant waterfall. No smells from any vents (I think I've read the cabins above might have that issue. The walk to other parts of the ship are long if you're headed to the theater for example, but you're also not that far from the aft elevators (Horizon Court). I did not find it an issue.

IMHO - I will book one of the Dolphin aft suites before any of the PS or PH suites on the sides.

Archived