First Time Cruisers - Western Med June/Jul 09 Which company to go with??!

SissyGreen

Hello all,

First post on the forum. My dad and his girlfriend want to go on their first ever cruise next year and as they are internet-phobes it falls to me the darling daughter to help out with research and booking!

They want to go on a 2 week cruise of the Western Med in late June/early July 2009, the sort of itineraries they have been looking at include Spain, Italy, Palma and the South of France. They would like to sail from Southampton if poss but this is not essential if other cruises are better/much better value. They enjoy the sun, good food, gambling, dancing/drinking/generally having a good time and are also interested in the excursions as they want to make the most of the time they have in each place.

I would like advice on:

1. Which cruise company to go with - I am aware that everyone will have their own preferences! So far they like the look of P & O Ventura

2. When/how to book to get the best deal

3. Which cabins are the best - e.g. they were looking at the P & O Ventura and staying in a suite but I was baffled by all the different suites AC/AD etc and all the different decks.

All help greatly appreciated! Thanks, Sissy.

Archived