San Juan Nightlife

cameron168

Do you know of anyone that can offer a authentic cooking lesson or do you know of anywhere we can take a salsa class January 27, 2009 between 4pm and 10pm. Where do locals go at night for fun?

I agree- PR needs both of these types of activities for tourists.

Maybe try Rumba club or Nuyorican Cafe for salsa- see 2 posts back. If you ask the DJ or band, or locals... they will show you the steps.

Right now, I don't know of anything definite, but I am talking with someone trying to get a Salsa lesson thing started. I will keep you informed!

Do you know of anyone that can offer a authentic cooking lesson or do you know of anywhere we can take a salsa class January 27, 2009 between 4pm and 10pm. Where do locals go at night for fun?

i know a few places in san juan but they do not cater to tourists, also lessons are in spanish.

• 2 weeks later...
The photo exhibit "The Earth from Above" is on the Paseo de La Princesa.

If you dock at Pier 4 in OSJ, it is less than 1/4 mile from the dock. As you leave the ship, go left along the water (stop in at Don Q and the Tourism center for free rum drinks along the way....). Then look for the huge "City Wall" (it is a 30 ft high wall- you can't miss it!). Follow the street that runs along the wall- that is Paseo de la Princesa.

The photos are amazingly beautiful- don't miss it. This exhibit has travelled all over the world, it is that great.

Coquishideaway, we will be in OSJ from 5-midnight in about 2 weeks. It looks like this exhibit will still be on display then. But will we be able to see it if it's dark? Are the streets well-lit? Thank you!

Coquishideaway, we will be in OSJ from 5-midnight in about 2 weeks. It looks like this exhibit will still be on display then. But will we be able to see it if it's dark? Are the streets well-lit? Thank you!

Yes, each picture has lights on it. You will be able to see it very well. I would avoid going between 5-6p (the sun sets right there, so it messes up viewing- you are looking into the setting sun half the time!).

There are about 150 pictures, they are all fantastic and each one has a ton of stuff to read on it (in both English and Spanish). It is overwhelming. After about 50, we started to just look at the pictures and where they are from, and read less and less of the info. The pictures are amazing and the info is too, but there is just a lot of it!

Enjoy!

Yes, each picture has lights on it. You will be able to see it very well. I would avoid going between 5-6p (the sun sets right there, so it messes up viewing- you are looking into the setting sun half the time!).

There are about 150 pictures, they are all fantastic and each one has a ton of stuff to read on it (in both English and Spanish). It is overwhelming. After about 50, we started to just look at the pictures and where they are from, and read less and less of the info. The pictures are amazing and the info is too, but there is just a lot of it!

Enjoy!

Thank you so much! We are looking forward to it, and our first time in PR.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how much the scooters are at the shop in Pier 4? Any other suggestions for scooter rentals? I've seen a lot of people advise against it because of traffic but I'm wondering if it is safer if we stay around Old San Juan.

Lisa

Sorry- I only just got into town today, and you have already sailed...

But for future reference.... The store has a website:

http://www.rentaharleypr.com

They had some scooters set up, but no prices or store hours posted.... maybe contact them for info.

coquishideaway, we will be in OSJ (via cruise) Tuesday, February 10, 2009, from 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Can you advise as to exhiblits, events, etc? This will be our first visit, and we look forward to our visit.

Sorry- just noticed your post-

From 2p-6p, do you shopping, exploring, visiting the forts/museums (Museum of the Americas is a personal favorite) etc.

At 6pm- Hopefully, Le Lo Lai dance show will be back on.

After that, since it is the first Tuesday of the month- There will be Gallery Nights.

And the Bodies Exhibit will still be in town until April 30th.

If I hear about more,I will post.

Sorry- just noticed your post-

From 2p-6p, do you shopping, exploring, visiting the forts/museums (Museum of the Americas is a personal favorite) etc.

At 6pm- Hopefully, Le Lo Lai dance show will be back on.

After that, since it is the first Tuesday of the month- There will be Gallery Nights.

And the Bodies Exhibit will still be in town until April 30th.

If I hear about more,I will post.

Thank you so very much! We are very excited about visiting your city!

We will be in Old San Juan in April from 5 p.m till midnight. I know the tours at Fort San Cristobal will be closed, but are the grounds still open to visitors? How late will it stay light in April? I'm worried about how much site seeing we'll get before it gets too dark.

Archived