Book Now or Book Later?

jerseymax

With the economy in the state it is in, I thought there would be some great deals, but as the cruise I want to go on approaches, the price is increasing. The 90 day mark is in mid December.

What is your general experience (or prediction)? Will the prices be most favorable now before the 90 mark or will cancellations bring the prices down thereafter. Any input would be appreciated.:confused:

From my personal experience, the best prices are very early, or very late. People change their minds before final payment is due, which frees up cabins. The closer to sailing date, the lower the price seems to go. BUT, if you choose to wait, you often have to pick a guarantee cabin, as opposed to selecting a specific cabin.

In the past, we have always booked early (I like having something specific to look forward to). But I've been watching the deals, and there sure are some fantastic last minute deals (less than 90 days to sailing). I think I will be more likely to wait a while to book. It all depends on how flexible you are about what cabin you end up with.

Check out a few of the online sites. You can sign up for email alerts and get an idea of what the prices are. I've found the prices pretty similar between several different TAs. Some people will only book with "brick & mortar" local TAs. To be honest, I've had better customer service with some of the online ones. I'm sure the opposite is true for others.

Good Luck!

I posted a similar question on the NCL thread. i was looking to book a cruise in Jan and earlier this week when I started the prices were good but with in a few days the prices have gone up almost $70 a person. So i don't know wheather to wait or book later as well.

Archived