Which cave tubing?

Merlees

Help me decide which cave tubing company to go with. They all sound the same. Reading the threads, Major Tom seems to be most popular. I'm not a strong swimmer. Do you have to paddle alot with your arms? We'll be in Belize in December.

Thanks,

Help me decide which cave tubing company to go with. They all sound the same. Reading the threads, Major Tom seems to be most popular. I'm not a strong swimmer. Do you have to paddle alot with your arms? We'll be in Belize in December.

Thanks,

Major Tom rocks. We went with him in October 2007 and I hope to go back since he's added a zipline tour as well.

He won't have you shouting in the caves like another group does. You'll have a very good chance to actually learn about Belize from him and his guides as well.

Price-wise he's way cheaper than the cruiseline excursions as well. I just looked at his website and he's still charging $45pp for the tubing. I'd suggest that you go ahead and get lunch too. It's simple local fare, but very very good.

We'll be looking him up again the next time we head to Belize.

I think you would be safe with any of the popular companies mentioned here, they all provide the same experience and safety measures it seems. I went with cavetubing.com, i wasnt crazy about the excursion but it had nothing to do with the company, they were great! And worked really hard for everyone.

You do not have to do any paddling, you will be linked together, you just lay there and get pulled through.

Archived