best puerto caldera one day excursion for 9 yo and 55 yo?

drbabe

My 9 year old daughter and my baby-boomer sister will be there for one day in November. Any recommendations for best one day tour? They are flexible, don't need to take a ship's excursion. Both would enjoy wildlife, rainforest scenery, kayaking or rafting, etc. Daughter is in excellent shape, sister can walk fine but is heavy and not up for extended hiking. Both would enjoy zip lining, but is there a weight limit for it? Do you have to be a certain age for it? I appreciate all recommendations.

Not sure if this would be of interest.

We were in this port last month and did a day long excursion that spent time in the backwater of thre Tarcoles river on a pontoon-boat looking at the animals and jungle. It was easy going and interesting. They also served fresh fruit....best pineapple we have ever eaten.

Then we went for lunch at a very nice hotel tucked away in one of the forest reserves. This was aso exceptional. The hotel has nice scenery around it, a pleasant 'no-hassle' market with some very good local arts and crafts...exceptional hand carved wood products.

Then on to a community....that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of ...but we had a cultural show put on by the local school children...a local market and some very good photo ops.

The excursion was provided to us by our TA...but I know it is also available on the ship because we saw ship buses at all the locations we visited. I would also think the same thing would be available at the pier...but I am not 100% sure.

You should be able to get booking detail by just asking abot the Tarcoles River excursion...we were on Holland America BTW.

Hope this helps.

Archived