Renting a tuxedo

ERJ145

How do I go about renting a tuxedo for our cruise on the Legend of the Seas coming up in Feb.? Luggage space at 50 pounds is at a premium for our 20 night cruisetour to Asia!! Is the tuxedo in the cabin when we arrive?

How do I go about renting a tuxedo for our cruise on the Legend of the Seas coming up in Feb.? Luggage space at 50 pounds is at a premium for our 20 night cruisetour to Asia!! Is the tuxedo in the cabin when we arrive?

I started doing this about 8 cruises ago. RCI recently took over the job. Here is a link to RCI website that has the shop now button on it:

The tux is usually in your cabin by the time you arrive. If it isn't just call GR and ask for the tux person to call you. Enjoy :)

We rented a tuxedo and shoes for my son, and a matching Vest Set for my husband for our just-completed cruise on Freedom.

They still seem to have some kinks to work out on the ordering side, because once you actually confirm the order the details of the order 'goes away' and its nearly impossible to print out...so once you have finished the order be sure and print it out before hitting that last 'confirm' button. I thought the e-mail they sent would have the details but no, only the order number.

I had to do a separate order for each item...so three different order numbers for the tux, shoes and Vest set. In addition, I was overcharged on the Vest set during the ordering ($25 instead of the advertised $20 in Gifts and Gear). I called about it, they told me the price had gone up. I let it go...but when checking my Sea Pass account on board (because that's where they ultimately charge the rental once onboard) I had been charged $28. After some back and forth with Guest Relations, I ended up getting the Vest set for the originally advertised $20 and received an $8 credit on my Sea Pass.

The entire tux order was in the stateroom when we boarded, and my son tried everything on first thing in case changes needed to be made. All was good, and the rental worked out beautifully. You just need to leave everything in your stateroom at the end of the cruise and that's it!

Thanks msmayor, we'll be on the FOS soon and was wondering about this. I appreciate your information. If there had been a problem with the fit, would there be anything anyone on the ship could do about it?

As far as I know, yes...they would have been able to help. I had been told (and it had been announced once or twice) that a tailor was on board to assist with formalwear issues, even after we sailed. They do have a limited number of extra tuxedos and 'parts' on board so that you can still arrange for a rental even during the cruise, based on availability.

Its still best to discover fit problems before sailing, though, as they have a better ability to resolve that issue while still in port.

We had discovered a problem shortly after sailing with the stud set that came with my son's tux; one of the cufflinks was broken. It was no trouble to get that replaced.

I started doing this about 8 cruises ago. RCI recently took over the job. Here is a link to RCI website that has the shop now button on it:

The tux is usually in your cabin by the time you arrive. If it isn't just call GR and ask for the tux person to call you. Enjoy :)

THANK YOU PETAL!!!!

I was just searching the RCCL site and it still said cruiselineformal.com but I knew I had read somewhere that RCCL was taking it over.

Now they just have to update their own site. ;)

Thanks! I am bookmarking that one so I can find it again.

Hi - just wondering how far in advance you need to reserve?

Thanks so much,

MouseGirl

If you know for sure you want the rental, I would reserve a few months ahead. I ended up waiting until about 5 weeks out, and could not order the pant size my son needed because they were out of them.

During the ordering process his waist size (32) wasn't listed at all. When I called to inquire, they told me if the size wasn't listed they were all out for that sailing.

Fortunately, the pants are 'adjustable' up to two sizes, so I chose a 34 to adjust down.

They also indicated upon boarding that they did have a limited number of tuxedos for rent on board, but again sizing would probably be sketchy.

You won't pay for it in advance; its billed to your sea pass after boarding.

The only thing you'll need to remember to pack are black socks and dress shoes.

Archived