Question about booking for my daughter while on my cruise next week?

If you are looking to get an on board credit for your daughter's booking, that may be an issue. There was a thread on this topic a few weeks ago. I tried to do this very thing and was told by the Loyalty Ambassador that my daughter must be on the ship to book a future cruise (with OBC) for her. Many others in the thread stated that they had no problems booking future cruises (with OBC) for people who were not on board. So you might get lucky and get an LA who will allow it, but be prepared to be refused.

We have booked cruises for us (DH & I) and his brother &TBA while on a cruise even though bro was not there. We had to put down a full deposit for each cabin, but still got OBC.

Last May on the Rad in Alaska we bought two next cruise vouchers, one for us and one for Bro (he was not on ship) the ambassador (who had a real chip on her shoulder) said it was no prob putting one in our name and one in his. So when they opened booking for Oasis we booked two JS cabins using our names on one booking and his & TBA on the other.

RCI comes back a few days later saying both next cruise vouchers are in our name and bro cant use one. So the way they "fixed" it was to put me in one cabin with TBA and DH & bro in the other cabin. Seemed like an okay fix, they said we can switch when we get on board with no hassels.

Now I am not feeling to cool about this set up. We are Dia+ and bro is plat. Now both cabins have Dia+ status because one of us in booked in each. Both cabins get balcony discount, and next cruise OBC. It also means that bro & his TBA will have acess to the Dia Lounge.

Now for the question and what is really bothering me, has anyone else changed booking arrangements once they got to the ship. If so how do they fix the preprinted boarding passes?

If we cancel the bookings and rebook we lose next cruise obc, if we change names now we lose obc for bro cabin.

I think its time for RCI to stop the next cruise vouchers, they have no idea how to use them.

Now for the question and what is really bothering me, has anyone else changed booking arrangements once they got to the ship. If so how do they fix the preprinted boarding passes?

You don't need to change booking assignments. Just get an extra room key to the room you want to sleep in once you get onboard.

Archived