Lax-lgb ??

UpstateCruizer

I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out flights from LGB back home on the day we disembark the ship. I do have flights booked out of LAX that I can keep. I've heard stories about how bad LAX is but then others are saying it's not so bad.

Our cruise will arrive back in Long Beach May 3rd which is a Sunday. Is a 1pm flight out of LAX reasonable? Our ship isn't schedule to arrive into port until 9am. I know Carnival says a 1pm flight is ok but it has my dh worried that it's too early. If there were more flight options in the afternoon it wouldn't be an issue. However LGB has limited flights out that will get us into NY. Most of the flights out of LAX that are later are around 6pm and wouldn't get us home until the next day at 9am.

This is where my concern is.....dh wants to fly back the day we get off the ship. I agree since it's an all day travel day for us to get back home. He now thinks LGB is our best bet based on hearing how bad the traffic is etc. I've played around with flight options and they all come back to take the chance or book the later (6pm) flight out. Is there a hotel that allows a day pass for this type thing close to the airport? I'm thinkng if we are off the ship by 11am sitting in the airport for 6 hours isn't doable. I really do not want to rent a car.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

you ll be returning on a sunday.. so it won t be nearly as bad as

a weekday..

unless there is a major problem during disembarkment you should

be able to make your 1pm flight..personally id feel better with a 3pm

flight to ease any stress..:D

I wouldn't worry about a Sunday 1pm flight out of LAX. But if a flight out of LGB or SNA offers more fallback options than the LAX flight I would go for it.

LGB is the preferred airport but it has very limited return options for us unless we fly out later in the evening. Us Air has one 12:55pm flight but it's extremely high in price right now.

Archived