Bar Credit Coupons for Wine on the Destiny

wahmof3

Sorry if this question has already been addressed, but I have read through several bar credit threads and still need to ask. :confused: Ok so DH and I are first time cruisers flying into FLL on Nov 22 to board the Destiny. (So excited btw!!!) On Carnivals website you can purchase a bar credit coupon for $21.25 and apply the 4 credits towards a bottle of wine. Has anyone done this? All of the bottles of wine I see on their website are $25 plus, so do u just pay the difference? We would probably apply it to the $25ish bottle (Dh says I'm a cheap date...lol) Are the prices more on the ship than on the website? I guess I would feel more comfortable purchasing the wine on the ship and not risking the bottle breaking all over my clothes in my luggage. What about rum or vodka? Can u purchase by the bottle and how much? Thanks in advance for the responses!!!:D

2nd question first --

You can CALL (not available on-line) the Bon Voyage Dept at Carnival and order bottles of liquor for your room. They prices start at $40.00 for a liter (not 750 ml) and go up, based on brand. The bottle(s) will be waiting in your room when you embark. You can enjoy them all week long.

Yes, 4 drink tickets = a bottle of wine. I was not the one doing the buying so I did not see the list - but it was a decent dry red. We usually pay between $8 - 15 for a bottle of wine at home - I would put it is the ranks of that level of wine.

One of our very fav things to do is to order the fruit basket with cheese and wine. Cost around $30.00 - Nice basket of fruit, cheese, crackers and a bottle of wine. We eat on it the entire cruise.

Archived