Mosquito Bay

hunter2004

We are interesting in doing Mosquito Bay tour. Who eles offered this tour beside East Wind (the one that allowed you to swim)?

The moon calendar was good on the that day, January 2, 2009.

We will be arrive at the airport (if ontime) around 2:30pm, how long it would take for us to get the luggages?

Our hotel around 15 min. to the airport, check-in should be ok for that day.

We are not planed to rent a car, transportation will be needed to start this tour, will they willling to pick us up from the hotel (ok for extra charge)?

Thank You

East Island Excursions is the only operator that runs a tour to Mosquito Bay from the "big island". They take you over to Vieques (from Fajardo) and then transfer you to Island Adventures for dinner and the actual biobay trip.

Your other option is to spend the night on Vieques and go with Island Adventures yourself, or one of the kayak operators (for which I have no specific info) over there.

You've already mentioned that the moon will be good for the night you want to go, so it's good to see that you're researching this throughly.

Depending on how busy the airport is, how many people are on your flight, assuming there are no other problems, etc, etc ... it will probably take about 30 minutes to get your luggage. But who can honestly predict that at any airport?

Sounds like your hotel might be in Isla Verde or Condado? If that's the case, the taxi fare from the airport to the hotel will be in the $12 - $17 range, with a $1 charge/suitcase.

I believe that East Island offers (or can arrange) transportation from your hotel to the marina (Puerto del Rey) in Fajardo for an extra fee, but give them a call just to make sure. I think they might have a minimum party size in order to do a pick-up.

The drive from the San Juan area to the marina is about 1.5 hours. You'll be leaving at the beginning of rush hour, so you may run into some traffic in the San Juan area.

Hope this helps!

East Island Excursions is the only operator that runs a tour to Mosquito Bay from the "big island". They take you over to Vieques (from Fajardo) and then transfer you to Island Adventures for dinner and the actual biobay trip.

Your other option is to spend the night on Vieques and go with Island Adventures yourself, or one of the kayak operators (for which I have no specific info) over there.

You've already mentioned that the moon will be good for the night you want to go, so it's good to see that you're researching this throughly.

Depending on how busy the airport is, how many people are on your flight, assuming there are no other problems, etc, etc ... it will probably take about 30 minutes to get your luggage. But who can honestly predict that at any airport?

Sounds like your hotel might be in Isla Verde or Condado? If that's the case, the taxi fare from the airport to the hotel will be in the $12 - $17 range, with a $1 charge/suitcase.

I believe that East Island offers (or can arrange) transportation from your hotel to the marina (Puerto del Rey) in Fajardo for an extra fee, but give them a call just to make sure. I think they might have a minimum party size in order to do a pick-up.

The drive from the San Juan area to the marina is about 1.5 hours. You'll be leaving at the beginning of rush hour, so you may run into some traffic in the San Juan area.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for clearified that for us. It is just the two of us. We are not spend the night because we are sailing on SOS the next day. I will give them a call to make an arrangment. We will be stay at Courtyard Marriott Miramar. Thanks again

Archived