Bannister Island

Goingaway

I know the excursion for this is private island beach break thru Carnival, but does anyone know if you have to book thru the cruise, or are there water shuttles at the port that you can take over to this island??? I did go to a couple of private tour companies and one was charging a little more than carnival per person and the other one included things like snorkeling that we werent interested in. We would love to just go sit on the beach, shop, eat and drink.

Pam :p

I was in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. I found the best deal for us was thru Carnival. The plus, too, is that they take you directly from the ship to the island, and then afterwards we have the option to go into town, or just head back to the ship.

We weren't interested in snorkeling/manatee trips, so this was the best option. And a free drink, I'll take it. ;)

We were at Bannister Island last week off of the Legend. The tour is 43.00 a person. They do have a snorkel tour you can take once you get there. It is 20.oo. You go to see the reef 2nd only in size to the Great Barrier reef in Austraila. It was very nice and the water was warm. The best way to go to the island is from the ship, otherwise you would need to tender into Belize about 15 minutes and then take a boat to the island. We only saw ship tenders come to the island the day we were there. Be sure to look for the monkey, he was in the tree by the gift shops, he entertained all the people, it was great!

Hi, Thanks for all the info, I did book this excursion thru Carnival - I was surprised that it was already available seeing the cruise isn't until April. Does anywone know if the Island gets crowded, or do they limit the amount of people?

Archived