Question for someone who knows their way around Cozumel

lovin2cruise123

We are going to Playa Uvas in Cozumel.... after that, I'd like to visit Los Cinco Soles.

Is that near Playa Uvas at all?

Is it near the Carlos & Charlies?

What about near the Pier?

I'm wondering if a cab ride will be required between all of the places we want to visit.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance! :)

I'm wondering if a cab ride will be required between all of the places we want to visit.

You will want to take one of the many taxis between all those destinations.

Be sure to agree on the fare before you get in the taxi.

Try to have 1's and 5's so you'll have exact change.

Tipping is not customary, but you can always tip if you really want. I usually don't unless the driver is extra helpful.

We are going to Playa Uvas in Cozumel.... after that, I'd like to visit Los Cinco Soles.

Is that near Playa Uvas at all?

Is it near the Carlos & Charlies?

What about near the Pier?

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance! :)

you will have to take a ($10.00) taxi from Uvas to Punta Langosta Mall where C&C and Los 5 soles are and from there another ($6.00) taxi to Carnivals Puerta Maya Pier

Okay so Carlos and Charlies and Los Cinco Soles are in the same place then?

And so basically I need to ask them to take us to to Punta Langosta Mall, rather than Los Cinco Soles... and that'll get us there?

Thank you so much for the help!!! I'm a newbie to Cozumel.

No los cinco soles is further north of the mall, carlos and charlies is at the mall. Depending on the order in which you want to do things take a cab from pier and shopp, grab another back to C&C then another back to the ship.

There is more that one location of Los Cinco Soles. There should be one right at the pier where Carnival docks (Puerta Maya). There is also a Pancho's Backyard there.

Unless you want to go to the one downtown.

http://www.loscincosoles.com/mainwelcome.htm

Carlos and Charlies is at the Punta Langosta shopping mall which is directly across from the Punta Langosta cruise pier.

http://www.carlosandcharlies.com/cozumel/index.htm

No doubt you've found the site for Uvas.

http://www.playauvas.com/

Is one Los Cinco Sole better than the other?

I guess it would make more sense to visit the one right by the pier. Do you know how late they stay open?

Ideally, I'd like to do Playa Uvas first since we won't even get there until after 1pm... and then shop and then get something to eat and some of those yard drinks. :)

The one downtown is the original one and perhaps more interesting from that standpoint, but other than that I imagine they have the same stuff and prices.

I imagine everything at the pier stays open until just before the last ship leaves, but you can double check and maybe do a quick eyeball of the stuff.

It is easier to shop there and not have to carry any purchases around.

Is one Los Cinco Sole better than the other?
The downtown location is larger and has a correspondingly larger selection of goods.

I guess it would make more sense to visit the one right by the pier. Do you know how late they stay open?
Only if you are pressed for time. It will stay open until just before the ship leaves.

No los cinco soles is further north of the mall, carlos and charlies is at the mall. Depending on the order in which you want to do things take a cab from pier and shopp, grab another back to C&C then another back to the ship.

there is another los cinco soles store in the second floor at Punta Langosta Mall, use the electric stairway and you will find it, things & prices are pretty much the same as the main store north location

there is another los cinco soles store in the second floor at Punta Langosta Mall, use the electric stairway and you will find it, things & prices are pretty much the same as the main store north location

So there are 3 locations now?

Only if you are pressed for time. It will stay open until just before the ship leaves.

Our ship leaves at 10 pm... I'm afraid if I don't shop BEFORE I head to Carlos & Charlies... I won't be in any shape to shop, if you know what I mean. :o I've heard about those yummy drinks they have. LOL

Our ship leaves at 10 pm... I'm afraid if I don't shop BEFORE I head to Carlos & Charlies... I won't be in any shape to shop, if you know what I mean. :o I've heard about those yummy drinks they have. LOL

I've stopped at the other 2 los cinco soles locations, and I still must go to the larger original location at the North end of Town. It is so much larger, and just a great store to shop in. It's like your one stop shopping location!! Love los cinco soles!!!!!

I've stopped at the other 2 los cinco soles locations, and I still must go to the larger original location at the North end of Town. It is so much larger, and just a great store to shop in. It's like your one stop shopping location!! Love los cinco soles!!!!!

The one at the North end of town, would that be the one at Punta Langosta shopping mall? Or would that be the one by the pier, Puerta Maya where the Pancho's backyard is?

I want to make sure I tell the cab driver the right place to go. LOL

The one at the North end of town, would that be the one at Punta Langosta shopping mall? Or would that be the one by the pier, Puerta Maya where the Pancho's backyard is?

The larger main store is in town, 5 blocks north of the Plaza. Tell the driver you want to go to store in town.

OK, original is north of Punta Langosta pier/shopping mall (north of ferry pier) and has a Pancho's Backyard restaurant inside. There is another (also with a Pancho's Backyard) at the Puerta Maya pier. And from kletina's post there is one at the Punta Langosta Mall.

We have shopped the original and had lunches there also. Very nice way to spend your shopping time.

I had a question about shopping areas and thought this might be a good board to ask. . .

Last year, our family shopped at the places right off the ship. Are there other areas to shop at in Cozumel. If so, what are they and how do we get there?

We aren't looking for anything specific but would just like to explore a new place.

I had a question about shopping areas and thought this might be a good board to ask. . .

Last year, our family shopped at the places right off the ship. Are there other areas to shop at in Cozumel. If so, what are they and how do we get there?

We aren't looking for anything specific but would just like to explore a new place.

SB08 --

Scroll up through this thread for lots of shopping advice. Enjoy your visit.

If you tell the cab driver Punta Langosta he'll know exactly where to go. There is quite a bit of shopping there, but if you head north just a little bit there is an alley with some little trinkets and of course several blocks north is Los Cinco Soles.

I know Carnival recommends starting at the Forum Shops and shopping back but I've never done that. I've been dropped off at Punta Langosta from the Int'l pier and just wandered around. This next trip I plan on heading straight to the downtown Los Cinco Soles, (after the beach of course) and then going back to the ship.

I am sorry to keep asking these questions but I want to know exactly what to do.

Is the downtown and Punta Langosta two different areas? If not, which one, in your opinion is better? How far are they and what is the cab ride cost?

I seem to remember when my husband and I went to Cozumel from Cancun, the place we shopped had a "park or green space" in the middle and shops all around. We had know idea where we were and just stuck around that area. We figured out this what NOT where the cruise ships docked. We could see them but they were pretty far away!

Since the original Los Cinco Soles is only 5 blocks north from pier can you just walk it? How much would a taxi be from the Dolphin Encounter at Chaknaub to LCS? What does Los Cinco Soles sell? Can you get vanilla?

Archived