Insurance Scam - Beware!

Lisette49

He probably works out of his home. He seems to move around the country quite a bit, so by doing this, he'd probably only have to sell or rent one property and pack once. I read today that Cruise Value Center, which went kaput last week, sold the Prime Travel Protection package to many of it's customers. I wonder if Mr. Watson's product covered default of the travel agency? Probably not.

Just to let you know, I think a major cruise company from Port St. Lucie , Florida who uses this "insurance" exclusively is part of the problem. This major cruise company, BEST ...... CRUISES had on their web site "WE RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE". Someone pointed out to them that they admit the the product they sell (Prime travel protection) is NOT insurance, and within hours they changed it to 'WE RECOMMEND TRAVEL PROTECTION" However, they will not call their victims back. NEVER USE THEM!

Just to let you know, I think a major cruise company from Port St. Lucie , Florida who uses this "insurance" exclusively is part of the problem. This major cruise company, BEST ...... CRUISES had on their web site "WE RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE". Someone pointed out to them that they admit the the product they sell (Prime travel protection) is NOT insurance, and within hours they changed it to 'WE RECOMMEND TRAVEL PROTECTION" However, they will not call their victims back. NEVER USE THEM!

Lisette49, I may have missed your post but the question is whether you are supposed to get a full refund regardless if this company is full of fraud and not really insurance etc. I am sorry to play devils advocate and also myself caught up in the CVC mess, BUT, I am still trying to understand is if what you bought WAS suppose to cover pre-existing conditions of family members not traveling with you? I ask because I thought that someone posted that it did not, so therefore I was asking if you could post the policy and perhaps an attorney on this board can comment?

It doesn't matter in the end what someone told you by phone (although it should) but what is in the policy that was sent to you? Besides the cruise lines (both HAL and Celebrity) I have also purchased insurance through two different on-line agents and two different policies and received copies of these policies.

Did this cover non-traveling family members? Did it cover pre-existing conditions?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a cruise from bestbuycruises.com and purchased travel protection from the same site. My father-in-law died and we had to cancel. It was difficult to get in touch with Prime and I contacted Colorado dept of insurance to find that the company is not licensed to sell insurance. There are several places on the documents which identify the policy as insurance. The invoice identifies the cost as cancellation insurance as one example. I submitted a doctors statement and a death certificate and they still wanted more records about his condition for eight months prior to his death. I have submitted this situation to an attorney and am waitng to see what happens. I assumed that the agency was duly licensed to sell insurance.

The Colorado AG suggested that I contact the Ky AG and seek legal counsel as to civil remedies.

I purchased a cruise from bestbuycruises.com and purchased travel protection from the same site. My father-in-law died and we had to cancel. It was difficult to get in touch with Prime and I contacted Colorado dept of insurance to find that the company is not licensed to sell insurance. There are several places on the documents which identify the policy as insurance. The invoice identifies the cost as cancellation insurance as one example. I submitted a doctors statement and a death certificate and they still wanted more records about his condition for eight months prior to his death. I have submitted this situation to an attorney and am waitng to see what happens. I assumed that the agency was duly licensed to sell insurance.

The Colorado AG suggested that I contact the Ky AG and seek legal counsel as to civil remedies.

If the Agent Best Buy Cruises sold this to you as insurance, I also think they were negligent.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived