Freedom of the Seas Cruise Compass

CrystalDZ

Yes, besides the two formal nights there was one theme night.

Day 3 (Labadee, Haiti) was the 70's night. The suggested attire at dinner was Casual or 70s attire. They also had a "Dancin' in the Street 70s Style" parade on the Royal Promenade at 10:30 p.m. where the crew dressed up in 70s attire and danced to 70s music. I don't remember seeing a lot of passengers in 70s attire at dinner though, as I don't think many people planned for it.

On Day 6 they had an 80s Dance Party in Studio B but they didn't list anything about suggested attire that night. It was really just the crew dressing up in 80s attire and dancing to 80s videos.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need more info. I have the Cruise Compasses from all 7 days.

Nope, I had no idea beforehand. My style is sort of an updated 70s style anyway, so I got lucky. I wore a halter style dress with paisley print, and I have a peace tattoo on my back. So, I really got lucky, but that's my style anyway.

My husband on the other hand wore his updated 3-button suit and looked like most other men. Most people do not dress up for the themes, and when I see the ones that do, I assumed they must have called the cruise line ahead of time or asked their TA to find out for them.

On our first cruise they had a pajama night (it wasn't part of dinner at all; it was just a themed dance late in the evening), and they sold a bunch of different styles of pajamas in the gift shop so people could participate (and they could make money!). It was pretty fun to see grown adults walking around in footie flannel pajamas.

Our cruise is missing Grand Caymen, but it appears that formal nights would be on day 2 (sea day) and day 5 which is also a seaday for us..

Thank you for posting the compass. It was so helpful in my planning process.. Especially planning dinner tims in advance.

Archived