How to get to Marina Vallarta

nanocats

I have an independent excursion reserved with Vallarta Adventures and they meet in Marina Vallarta, specifically Calle Mastil, which looking at a map is north of the cruise ship dock near the lighthouse and just south of the Marina Golf Course. I can't find directions and wanted to know if it is walkable or not and how long it takes to walk it or take a cab there. Thanks!

I have an independent excursion reserved with Vallarta Adventures and they meet in Marina Vallarta, specifically Calle Mastil, which looking at a map is north of the cruise ship dock near the lighthouse and just south of the Marina Golf Course. I can't find directions and wanted to know if it is walkable or not and how long it takes to walk it or take a cab there. Thanks!

Reference this map - http://www.vallarta-info.com/marina.html Calle Mastil is that little street running south from the golf course and is located east of the TIKUL restaurant. The office is located in the marina shops at the end of Calle Mastil and on the west side.

Marilyn & I walk just about everywhere in Vallarta and did make the hike from Sam's Club to the Vallarta Adventure's marina office once . . . and we wouldn't do that again.

That main north-south highway is pretty busy and there is a good stretch of road, north of the bull fighting ring, that doesn't have sidewalks. You can play "frogger" in the road or hike cross country thru debris choked muddy lots. The fish-hook shaped street southwest of Plaza Iguana is a gated community and you can't use that side street to get off the main road.

Exit the port, grab a bright yellow city taxi and pay the 40 pesos (roughly 4 bucks US). Price is per taxi with up to four people in the cab. Just tell the cabby that want to go to the Vallarta Adventure's marina office. Most haul people there every day.

Enjoy!

Archived