Sign n Sail Card

Boatgirl1981

Are you alble to pay your S&S card with cash while on the cruise?

Thanks.

You either have to give them a credit card or cash to back up the sail and sign card. If you use cash then they will let you know once you balance is getting low. If you use a credit card you can still pay the amount owed on your S&S card at the pursers desk. They do not submit charges to your credit card until the cruise is over.

Thanks.

Yes you can when you get close to running out they will let youknow..You can also pre-pay your gratuities before you cruise so that will be already paid when you board......Dennis

We used a combo of CC and cash. I got a message once to go to the purser’s desk and gave them some more cash. They use that before they will bill your CC. So when we left the billed my CC for the balance.

If you prepay tips be careful, they can get double billed. The couple we ate with at dinner were double charged for tips. They did not notice until the morning the cruise ended, so I am not sure how it ended.

I just kept track of what we spent and it worked pretty good.

Thanks.

You can pay decide to pay a credit card and then settle your account with cash before you leave the ship. I have both paid with cash and used my credit card, there's no difference.

Hi all-

This is my first time posting on the forum (although I've been lurking for awhile now)...but I have a question about cash payment for the sign and sail card. I noticed on the carnival website states when using a Credit Card that they automatically place a hold on your Card for 200.00 per person (if you are going on a 5-8 day cruise).

But if you pay cash or in travelers checks in advance when you set up the sign and sail card, do they still require some type of deposit up front? Or since you paid in cash then are you not required to have that extra money up front?

More than likely we'll use a credit card, but my husband has been really focusing on not using a credit card at all, and I don't want any "holds" on my debit card account that may not be released for days later after the cruise.

Hi all-

This is my first time posting on the forum (although I've been lurking for awhile now)...but I have a question about cash payment for the sign and sail card. I noticed on the carnival website states when using a Credit Card that they automatically place a hold on your Card for 200.00 per person (if you are going on a 5-8 day cruise).

But if you pay cash or in travelers checks in advance when you set up the sign and sail card, do they still require some type of deposit up front? Or since you paid in cash then are you not required to have that extra money up front?

More than likely we'll use a credit card, but my husband has been really focusing on not using a credit card at all, and I don't want any "holds" on my debit card account that may not be released for days later after the cruise.

I have only used a credit card and not a debit card and therefore the $200 hold did not apply. Since you have to use a pin number on the debit card it is like cash. If you put up the $200, once it runs low I would think you will have to go back and put more money in your S&S account. It is much easier to use a credit card and then if you want to pay cash go to the pursers office and use the debit card to pay.

Archived