Ocho Rios - Dunn's River Falls - shuttle

simatravel

Hello everybody. I read in one of this posts that there is a shuttle that goes to the falls and back. They also sell discount tickets on the shuttle. Can somebody tell me if there is a shuttle and if there is one where is it located once we get off the ship.

Also, is the price the same if you climb the falls or just walk on the side?

Is there a kids price and adult price?

Thank you in advance.

Eugene S.

Hi. Just found the shuttle website. www.dunnsrivershuttle.com We're cruising next week and I spoke to them yesterday to reserve our spaces. The guy told me the shuttle is just outside the terminal and I just have to look for the person holding a "dunn's river falls shuttle" sign. I don't really know about kids prices or just walking up the falls, but I'm sure if you call or email them they can tell you. Hope this helps!

My husband and I have been to Jamaica several times just the two of us. Now we're bring our two children along ages 10 and 11. We usually go on the ship tours but decided this time to go off on our own, especially if there is a shuttle service to the falls, which my kids are extremely excited to climb. My question is does the shuttle leave at certain times only? And does it run all day? We kind of just want to play it by year and don't really want to be on a schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Just got back from our cruise and had an excellent time. Thought I'd report on the Dunn's River Shuttle. We reserved it on line and when we got off the ship it was right outside of the terminal. We planned on leaving the ship in time to catch the 8:00am shuttle but slept in a little so took the 9:00am shuttle. I thought it would be a problem because we reserved the earlier shuttle on line, but it was no problem mon! The driver was so friendly and helpful and the shuttles ran on time. It dropped us off at the entrance to the Falls, we spent about 1 1/2 hours there, then caught the 11:00 shuttle back. We got off again at Island Village for shopping and bought some really great souvenirs and had lunch at Margaritaville. We were back on the shuttle again at 2:30 and it took us to the terminal. It was a perfect day and great that we could go on our own without having to "wheel and deal" with taxi drivers who are sometimes a little too persistent there.

We paid $15 pp to climb the Falls and then $15 pp for round trip transportation on the shuttle. There is also a beach at the bottom of the Falls that you can go to. It was a little muddy but our kids had a great time. I also saw a beach next to the ship that was charging $5 to go in and it was really pretty. I think it was called Ocho Rios beach so maybe that's a good solution for your friends.

Thanks for the shuttle link and the review! I'm eying a cruise next May that stops at Ocho Rios, and we'd like to do the falls, but I don't want to get stuck with a ship excursion schedule if I can help it, and this sounds like an excellent alternative. My boyfriend is kind of paranoid about safety issues in Jamaica and wants to stick with a ship excursion, but this sounds like a safe alternative to get us there and back safely (and cheaply!) without tying us down to a specific schedule with a tour group. So I'm just tagging along with this post, but thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

Erica

• 1 month later...

We were in Ocho Rios 2 weeks ago and did the excursion through the ship. We had alot of shipboard credit with 2 rooms and refund of fuel surcharge. I am glad we did it through the ship. It did cost alittle more but I felt safe. WE had 14 in our group. I was worried about being on a schedule and not having enough time to shop but that wasn't a problem at all. We did the Dunn's Falls/Dolphin Cove. When we finished the falls, we went to Dolphin Cove for awhile and saw part of the Dolphin show and then took shuttle back to shopping area. You don't have to wait long for a shuttle to leave either place. We had plenty of time for shopping at the shopping areas. The people who said do an excursion in Ocho Rios were definitely right. There are alot of people trying to give you things and carve your name on them-just walk past them and don't tell them your name. One boy in our group ended up paying $20 to a man after he carved his name and said that was what he owed him. Our group had a blast at the Falls. We don't have plans to go back to Jamaica again.

Archived