Captain's Party Question

DandS8407

So my understanding is that there is a captain's party before the captain's dinner, which is on the first sea day. My question is, people usually go to the captain's party in formal wear, right? We are trying to figure out when to go to the supper club and my parents would just as soon skip a formal night since they are not excited about dressing up, but I think they will want to go to the cocktail party anyway.

Thanks!

So my understanding is that there is a captain's party before the captain's dinner, which is on the first sea day. My question is, people usually go to the captain's party in formal wear, right? We are trying to figure out when to go to the supper club and my parents would just as soon skip a formal night since they are not excited about dressing up, but I think they will want to go to the cocktail party anyway.

Thanks!

The dress code for the supper club on "Elegant" night is also "Elegant" dress. A simple black dress, dress pants long sleve shirt and tie will do.

Thanks!

Not absolutely everyone dresses up for the Captain's Cocktail party, some folks eat in the buffet every night. We always dress up and go because it's fun, but 'formal' nights aren't as 'formal' as they used to be. The new dress code is 'Cruise Elegant' for formal night, check the Carnival website for details, slacks and dress shirt are sufficient for men. Also, they try to have the same dress code in the supper club on formal nights, so you'd have to sort of dress up there that night anyway.

The Captain's Party and the follow-on Elegant Nite Dinner are both announced as formal/elegant attire. There's really no reason not to dress-up in at least slacks, shirt and tie (and even a sports coat) to attend both. ken

Is it appropriate to take my two year old daughter to this party or are children out of place? I thought if there was music and dancing she would have a blast but if it is not appropriate I will not take her. Thanks for the suggestions.

Heather

Is it appropriate to take my two year old daughter to this party or are children out of place? I thought if there was music and dancing she would have a blast but if it is not appropriate I will not take her. Thanks for the suggestions.

Heather

I love seeing the little ones dressed up. Bring her, she is a guest on the ship. Have formal pictures taken with her. They have non-alcoholic drinks but I would bring a sippy cup as it is punch normally.

Thanks!

We just were on the Valor and very few people had on formal wear for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the ensuing dinner in the dining room. The new dress code is much more relaxed for these "formal", now "cruise elegant" evenings. So, relax and have a good time.

You might not want to skip the dining room on the "Cruise Elegant" evenings as this is when they have things like Lobster Tails :):), Chateaubriand :), prime rib:), and Duck:), Cherries Jubilee, Baked Alaska, etc.

from Carnival's website: Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Archived