Star-Mexican Riviera

snapcutter

Hi fellow cruisers:

Just trying to find out some more information from returning cruisers of the Star as to how the trip was. We are leaving on the 21 of November. I have heard mixed reviews on food and services.

I have also read some possible problems with embarkation. We are taking my Mother on this cruise and she is elderly. Not sure if driving ourselves and parking there or taking a shuttle service would be the best in regards to boarding quicker.

I know they say 1:00 P.M. is time for the boarding to start, is that a stead fast rule or do they start earlier?

Not being the most savy on a computer, could one please explain the view section and how to access the responses?

Thank you for any information on this cruise.

Snapcutter

We were on the Oct. 20th sailing of the Star. Forget the 1 PM rule. We got there about 11:30 and waited in line about 20 min. for embarkation. The people that came after us said they waited up to 2 hours. The Latitudes line went faster since they had more agents working that side than the first timers. We endoyed the cruise a lot. The service was always suberb. The food is okay to good. The speciality restaurants are excellent though. I hated to pay the extra money for them but decided it was worth it.

Enjoy, Cheryl

Archived