Junior Suites on Radiance

I believe 1602 (aft) has larger balcony.. but is a bit of walk from elevator. We "LUCKED OUT" with a hadicap JS that opened up after we had 1100 (was concerned about movement of ship since it was VERY rocky on the same cruise last year.. the have since changed the route so hopefully it won't be).

Also JS 1560 (I think that's the #.. hump balcony) is slightly larger than other JS alongside ship.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn

We just had a JS on the Serenade. Most of the aft JS cabins on the port and starboard sides were quite noisy from the carts rolling on the windjammer tiles. It sounded like thunder in our cabin (1086). Very annoying and would start really early and go on until quite late. Assuming that the Radiance is still similar, avoid any side JS from 1578/1078 towards the back. I think the very aft cabins were quiet. Other than the noise, I really liked the JS. The closet is fantastic and the cabin is quite spacious and nicely laid out. Out balcony was just great, too. We normally have GS's but I will book the JS (forward) now.

Every time I see you post those pics, I just have to look at them again.. :)

We have JS 1100 on Jewel of the Seas reserved for April 2006, and are really looking forward to it.

Keep posting them ocasionally; I need a 'hit' every now and then.. :D

We sailed in a JS on the Radiance last April. It was wonderful!

Ours was on deck 7, don't remember the cabin #, but it was on the side. Our balcony was actually smaller than the one in debandbill's pics. But it was still just fine for the two of us.

We have 1602 (the other aft JS cabin) on Brilliance next November...I've been told that 1602 and 1100 are the best JSs on the Radiance class ships because of the balcony size and of course the aft view...we cannot wait! :)

I do understand it's a walk...if that's not an issue then these are the best choices for you. I had an opportunity for an aft JS on Jewel, but I'm taking my mom and she tires easily, so we're on a balcony hump. That's something to take into consideration.

Have fun!

Cheers,

Esther

Thanks Stirboo and SI

..so glad I can provide a little moment of pleasure! That cabin is my absolute favorite so far...had it twice on Brilliance. We spent so much time on the balcony....had very little noise from the outside Windjammer above and felt lots of privacy! We loved the fact that we could keep the far portside drapery open in the evenings (no neighbors on that side/we would partially pull the balcony door drapes/they worked separately) while we were dressing for dinner and watch the ports disappear. And Oh...sailaway each evening was so wonderful. Its is so quiet back there....no hall traffic...just a wonderful experience. We never minded the walk to the cabin...like most, we needed the exercise after all that food.

Hope everyone enjoys their aft cabin like we did. Deb

Do you think it is worth it to upgrade from a D1 to a JS?We are considerig this but there is a $1000 difference in price for my husband and myself so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it.What do you get in the JS and not the D1?Thank you.

The room is a little larger (maybe 5 feet wider). You get a walk-in closet -- which for long cruises is a godsend. Aft decks for D1 and JS are much deeper but the balcony for JS and D1 are pretty much the same size throughout the rest of the ship.

If you choose not to upgrade before the trip, you can try to upgrade at the pier. DH and I did this for VOS this past September and it only cost $400 for the two of us. But, we were the first in line (10am for a 5pm sailing) and there were only two suites left, so you don't always have an opportunity to do this.

Cheers,

Esther

We were in JS #1576 on the Jewel repositioning cruise from Boston and just returned home Saturday. We loved the room in spite of some (not much and not continuous) noise from the Windjammer carts, and have booked the same room for next year's westbound transatlantic from Harwich to Boston. Some of the JS connect with a D stateroom and because of the connecting door, you may hear some noise from the adjacent room, but that, of course will depend on who your neighbors are.

The additional room and the spacious closet and larger bath all added to our cruise pleasure but I am not sure that I would say that those features are worth an additional $1000 - the difference isn't that much on the transatlantic.

Radiance class ships remain our favorites in the RCI fleet. Whether you are in a JS or a D, I believe you will have a fantastic cruise.

Archived