Fuel surcharge refund on Solstice?

sportsnut

Saw today that oil prices are at $50. We are going to be on Solstice next month and was wondering if we will get the fuel surcharge back in onboard credits. I saw that they were doing this for cruises next year but maybe they will do something for us now.

DH and I just booked Solstice for 4/12/09 and the fuel surcharge is still in place. I believe the reason is because most of the cruiselines buy ahead for the next year and so 2009 is already paid and done at that higher price. Hopefully we will see it disappear for 2010.

Saw today that oil prices are at $50. We are going to be on Solstice next month and was wondering if we will get the fuel surcharge back in onboard credits. I saw that they were doing this for cruises next year but maybe they will do something for us now.

Good luck. They have it set so if you hold your tongue just right, you might, but then again, you might not.

According to the Celebrity web site, fuel surcharge 'rebates' will be determined based on the price of oil AS OF DECEMBER 18, 2008, for 2009 bookings made in... I believe... November 2008 and beyond.

Also, I *believe* these rebates will come in the form of credit to your onboard account, NOT as cash refunds. Don't count on me, though...

Your best bet is to check the =X= site for updated info.

According to Royal Caribbean/Celebrity, refunds will still only be given for 2009 and later sailings that were booked before November 10, 2008, assuming the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel closes at or below $65 on certain specific days.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000USd6k8s7jekTq0j2defkQH7:12hdebebp?cS=FOOTER&pagename=fuel_supplement

As convoluted as the above is, the conditions that Carnival laid out are alot worse. :confused:

As much as I love to complain, I am not complaining about our 2009 fuel surcharge. We reaped the benefits of the cruiseline pre-buying 2 cruises when oil prices were very high and we didn't have to pay it because we had booked so far in advance.

But I would be really happy if we didn't have to pay it!

Archived