Dining Times vs. Show Times

AndyPanda

We don't usually go to shows, so I can't answer that part of your question directly, but basically, there are no set dining times on NCL, so if you want to see a show, check what time it starts in the Daily and plan accordingly. What I can tell you is that we are typically early eaters, so we often eat pretty close to when the dining rooms open, which is usually 5:30. I'm pretty sure that's when early seating usually is on traditional dining (feel free to correct me). What we've found is that eating at that time we have never had a wait for a table and have also never found the meal service to be slow, so if you're comfortable eating at that time (as you would be on a traditional line), you shouldn't have any problems at all. :) Of course, if you're not hungry, you also have the option of dining after the show if that's what you feel like. The choice is entirely yours. :)

There should not be a problem, show times are 7 pm & 9 pm and each show lasts just under 1 hour. The meals start 5:30 pm. We do early show late dinner one night then change it the next. It is up to you, and how you like it.

All the show times are published in the Freestyle Daily. I have never had a problem making it to a show that I wanted to see. Once you decide which performance you want to see, you simply schedule dinner either earlier (allowing approx. 2 hours for dinner) or after the show. If you're running a little late, just mention it to your wait staff and they will make sure you get through dinner faster.

I do want to add that sometimes, if you are dining at peak times, there may be a wait for a table. In addition, remember that you are "dining", not just eating, and the waiters won't rush through dinner. Keeping that in mind, we always allow 2 hours for dinner, even though it never takes us that long, just to be sure we can make the show we want to go to.

CG

In addition, remember that you are "dining", not just eating, and the waiters won't rush through dinner.

Sorry, but in my experience, the wait staff has definitely accommodated my request for a faster meal. That doesn't happen often since I completely agree with you that the meal should be viewed as a dining experience and not just eating, but occasionally the need does arise.

Sorry, but in my experience, the wait staff has definitely accommodated my request for a faster meal. That doesn't happen often since I completely agree with you that the meal should be viewed as a dining experience and not just eating, but occasionally the need does arise.

You are definitely correct. I should have mentioned in my post that if one is in a hurry, just mention it to your waiter and they will speed things up for you.

CG

Archived