Walmart

KnightsofColumbus

The Carnival Victory docks at Pier 4 in OSJ. You are confused- there is a Walgreen's in OSJ, not a Walmart.

The Walgreen's is on Plaza de Armas, on the corner of Calle Cruz and Calle San Francisco. It is trolley stop 8 on the "City Hall" trolley or the "City Hall/El Morro" trolley (not the El Morro express trolley)..

Of course you can walk it-

Looking at the trolley map

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/wp-post-images/trolley-map-big.jpg

your cruise ship docks at trolley stop 1, Walgreen's is at stop 8

There is also a supermarket (Supermax) on that Plaza.

Walgreen's is at stop 8

Are there any unique or different coffee beans available or is pretty much the same that is available here? I don't recall looking last time.

Thanks for all the info.

Mike L

The Carnival Victory docks at Pier 4 in OSJ. You are confused- there is a Walgreen's in OSJ, not a Walmart.

The Walgreen's is on Plaza de Armas, on the corner of Calle Cruz and Calle San Francisco. It is trolley stop 8 on the "City Hall" trolley or the "City Hall/El Morro" trolley (not the El Morro express trolley)..

Of course you can walk it-

Looking at the trolley map

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/wp-post-images/trolley-map-big.jpg

your cruise ship docks at trolley stop 1, Walgreen's is at stop 8

Thanks for clarifying I remember hearing something about a Walmart right by the pier, but now that I think about, it might have been St. Thomas.

Are there any unique or different coffee beans available or is pretty much the same that is available here? I don't recall looking last time.

Thanks for all the info. Mike L

You will find Puerto Rican coffee here. It ranges in quality, but it is good and strong! Most of it is ground, but you may find whole beans in the supermarket.

You will be able to find the really superior coffee in some of the gift stores (and it is not cheap!).

You will find Puerto Rican coffee here. It ranges in quality, but it is good and strong! Most of it is ground, but you may find whole beans in the supermarket.

You will be able to find the really superior coffee in some of the gift stores (and it is not cheap!).

Do you have any brand name recommendations? It's not necessarily a priority, but I will keep my eyes open for something different and not incredibly over-priced.

Thanks,

Mike

Puerto Rican coffee is one of the best coffee beans in the world, it is sold only here in Puerto Rico and Puerto Rico has protection of the sale meaning that the only ground coffee sold in Puerto Rico is Puerto Rican (production for export is only limited to gourmet locations in Europe, the Vatican is one of them)

Puerto Rico has protection of the sale meaning that the only ground coffee sold in Puerto Rico is Puerto Rican

Something must be amiss....I have bought both Maxwell House and Starbuck's ground coffee here in the supermarket.

Yes, the selection is mostly PR coffee, but there is other stuff available.

Something must be amiss....I have bought both Maxwell House and Starbuck's ground coffee here in the supermarket.

Yes, the selection is mostly PR coffee, but there is other stuff available.

Yes but very limited , since the puerto rican coffee industry here is very big, over 95% sold is Puerto Rican brands : Yaucono, Cafe Crema, Cafe Rico, Adjuntas, etc...

2933235-Delicious_Coffee-Puerto_Rico.jpg

Do you have any brand name recommendations? It's not necessarily a priority, but I will keep my eyes open for something different and not incredibly over-priced.Thanks,Mike

I personally don't drink coffee, but everyone I know does and I end up sending shipments of PR coffee off to the States all the time.

You will find plain coffees. I hear they are ok, kind of "bitter". Skip these- they are the cheapest.

Select coffees are the next grade. This is what most of the people I know like. Cafe Crema Suprema (it is in a brown "foil-like " bag). Or Yauco Select. Reasonably priced.

Premiums, then Super premium coffee.

Alto Grande is super premium, and expensive. This is the one the Pope drinks (drank... I don't know what Pope it was).

Any brand is about the same, but it is the QUALITY of the coffee beans that makes it taste better. Find a quality in your price range (the label will say if it is select, premium or super premium etc.) Try the supermarkets first for price.... the gift shops will be more expensive, but will probably have the higher qualities.

I personally don't drink coffee, but everyone I know does and I end up sending shipments of PR coffee off to the States all the time.

You will find plain coffees. I hear they are ok, kind of "bitter". Skip these- they are the cheapest.

Select coffees are the next grade. This is what most of the people I know like. Cafe Crema Suprema (it is in a brown "foil-like " bag). Or Yauco Select. Reasonably priced.

Premiums, then Super premium coffee.

Alto Grande is super premium, and expensive. This is the one the Pope drinks (drank... I don't know what Pope it was).

Any brand is about the same, but it is the QUALITY of the coffee beans that makes it taste better. Find a quality in your price range (the label will say if it is select, premium or super premium etc.) Try the supermarkets first for price.... the gift shops will be more expensive, but will probably have the higher qualities.

Thanks, I appreciate the information. We'll try to pick up a bag or two.

Mike

Archived