Customs questions for Carnival Valor in Miami

grosk063

Hi,

First off, thanks again for a great forum. You guys are the best.

We are cruising with Carinival Valor in February from Miami. We will fly in and out of FLL. We are on a tight schedule on our way home with the ship arriving at 8am in Miami, and our flight being at noon from FLL. Had some questions in regards to that.

1) Do they make foreign nationals get up really early in the morning to do immigration? Or does everyone go through immigration (US and non US) at the same time? I've seen both done on Carnival...

2) Do they also make all foreign nationals turn in their bags on the last night? Or is there an option for us to walk our luggage out as well?

3) If non US citizens have to turn in their bags, can I leave my bag with my american friends to carry off for me (saving time) when disembarking?

4) What is your experience when it comes to the time you normally get off the ship in regards to the Valor in Miami?

5) As mentioned, we have a noon flight out of FLL. What is the most efficient way to get there from Miami? Taxi? Or pre-arranged limo/shuttle?

Thanks in advance!!

I can't answer most of your questions but on number 3 the answer is "no". Letting someone else carry your bags off is a bad idea as far as Customs is concerned and quite possibly could delay the clearance and release of the bags.

Archived