skeeters, fleas, etc. in December

oooohDonna

Hi all!

I stayed a week at Freeport in April and was ate up by all of it, sand fleas, sand flies, mosquitos and these things normally don't bother me, but wondering if it will be a issue in December in Nassau or Freeport. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Donna

We've cruised in Dec. before and didn't have a problem with any bugs. I've heard that some people that can be more attractive to certain kinds of bugs than others, especially mosquitoes. I think I'm one of them because if my husband and I are both outside in the summertime, I will get eaten alive and he won't have a single bite! Perfumes, scented shampoos and lotions can make it worse. I'd be on the safe side and mist a little bug spray before you go out. If I'm going to be in the water at the beach, I like to spray a little on my beach bag or on my hat to help keep the bugs away.

I'm live in the mosquito capitol of Canada( it is sometimes called our provincial bird)

Take something with that has DEET in it.Reapply after swimming or sweating.You can get all different kinds of it at your local drug store,from wipes,to lotions, to dry feel to smelling like a Bic's pickle. Just make sure it has DEET in it and you should be fine..Happy cruising

Archived