Paradise Beach vs. Playa Mia

ScubaGirl11

Good Day, we'll be in Cozumel Dec 31 on a carnival cruise. My husband, myself, son 16, and daughter 13. We're looking for a beach club that has lots of fun stuff for the kids - actually all of us - to do. We like to be active! We'll spend hours snorkelling/floating/playing/etc!

Anyway, just wondering between the 2 - which one is your personal favorite? They both seem to have very similar ammenities, so is there anything that sets them apart?

I can buy Playa Mia all inclusive throught the ship for 71.00 each which seems expensive for the 2 non drinkers, especially. Playa Mia doesn't have prices on their website - I thought I'd just book directly, but they haven't gotten back to me yet to advise me of prices. The thought of all inclusive appeals to me just so that I don't have to carry my wallet around all day, but 71.00 is alot of $

Also - 3 of us are certified divers - do either of them offer diving so that we could go if we choose to?

Thanks in advance - its much appreciated.

Nic

Good Day, we'll be in Cozumel Dec 31 on a carnival cruise. My husband, myself, son 16, and daughter 13. We're looking for a beach club that has lots of fun stuff for the kids - actually all of us - to do. We like to be active! We'll spend hours snorkelling/floating/playing/etc!

Anyway, just wondering between the 2 - which one is your personal favorite? They both seem to have very similar ammenities, so is there anything that sets them apart?

I can buy Playa Mia all inclusive throught the ship for 71.00 each which seems expensive for the 2 non drinkers, especially. Playa Mia doesn't have prices on their website - I thought I'd just book directly, but they haven't gotten back to me yet to advise me of prices. The thought of all inclusive appeals to me just so that I don't have to carry my wallet around all day, but 71.00 is alot of $

Also - 3 of us are certified divers - do either of them offer diving so that we could go if we choose to?

Thanks in advance - its much appreciated.

Nic

Paradise Beach over Playa Mia anyday

Thanks for the reply, Ken. Can yout tell me what sets Paradise Beach above the other? I've never been to either!

For one Paradise does not sell direct to cruise lines which means les crowded. You pay as you go no entrance fee (they ask you eat or drink some) and the service is great

PB over Playa Mia.

You can do an all-inclusive for $40pp at San Francisco Beach which is adjacent to Paradise Beach and Carlos and Charlies BC is on the other side.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelSanFranciscoBeachBreak.htm

{+ rt taxi costs which are per vehicle, not per person}

I have seen PB recommended by Carnival, but they don't sell any tours for PB.

Not sure about the diving, but perhaps you can arrange for one of the local dive shops to pick you up at either location.

Thanks for the reply, Ken. Can yout tell me what sets Paradise Beach above the other? I've never been to either!

PB has quiet of few water toys. Check out their web site. Just google it. Most people like to go there with the kids because they have more to offer for them. Playa Mia is more laid back and does'nt have all the toys.

PB has quiet of few water toys. Check out their web site. Just google it. Most people like to go there with the kids because they have more to offer for them. Playa Mia is more laid back and does'nt have all the toys.

This is not a correct statement, if anything playa mia has more.

Hi can't help you about which would be better but i did ask Playa Mia for prices about 3 weeks ago and this is the answer i received:

The entrance packages available at this moment at the gate of the park are as follows

- BASIC $ 16.00 USD (tax included)

- FIESTA $ 40.00 USD (tax included)

- PREMIUM $ 52.00 USD (tax included)

Prices are for adults and children. Children age 2 and under enter free.

The differences between the packages are listed below:

• Basic package: Entrance to park, sun chair, all non-motorized water sports (included floating mats and inflatable hubs) and park facilities.

• Fiesta package: Basic + unlimited domestic open bar (draft beer, bottled water, soft drinks, Margaritas, Rum Punch, Piña Coladas, Daiquiris in assorted flavors, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Brandy, Mezcal, fruit juices.)

• Premium package: Fiesta + International buffet, towel & snorkel equipment (mask, fins & snorkel tube)

We were at Paradise two weeks ago. They did not charge an entrance fee. Just the cost of food and a bucket of beers that we ordered. The food was fresh and delicious. We did not get sick. I wish the water was more clear but we had a great time. There are water toys- an iceberg to climb and some trampolines. You could also rent jet skis, banana boat etc. Not sure about diving. The taxi for the 4 of us from Langosta? Mall port was $15 or $20 each way. There were 4 ships in port. It was crowded at first but started to thin as the day went on. We were not bothered by anyone selling stuff on the beach. Hope this helps. Have a great trip. I wanted to add that there were taxis waiting there and we had no trouble getting back to the port.

Hi can't help you about which would be better but i did ask Playa Mia for prices about 3 weeks ago and this is the answer i received:

The entrance packages available at this moment at the gate of the park are as follows

- BASIC $ 16.00 USD (tax included)

- FIESTA $ 40.00 USD (tax included)

- PREMIUM $ 52.00 USD (tax included)

Prices are for adults and children. Children age 2 and under enter free.

The differences between the packages are listed below:

• Basic package: Entrance to park, sun chair, all non-motorized water sports (included floating mats and inflatable hubs) and park facilities.

• Fiesta package: Basic + unlimited domestic open bar (draft beer, bottled water, soft drinks, Margaritas, Rum Punch, Piña Coladas, Daiquiris in assorted flavors, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Brandy, Mezcal, fruit juices.)

• Premium package: Fiesta + International buffet, towel & snorkel equipment (mask, fins & snorkel tube)

RCCL calls this a beach break and charge $29 which is the fiesta package.

The do have the deluxe which is over $70 which includes the the Premium and transportation

We were in Cozumel a few weeks ago. My kids are 4 & 8. We ended up at Paradise Beach and I highly recommend it. I have never been to Playa Mia, so I cannot compare the two.

There were 3 ships in port that day. My family was slow that morning and we were pretty late to leave the ship. We had no problem getting a cab (we needed a van b/c my MIL was with us) to Paridise Beach. I was shocked when we got there how empty it was. The beach is free but if you want to use the lounge chairs & umbrellas you need to purchase $10 of food per person. Also, there are wrist bands for $10 per person to use the "amenities". They have small lockers to put your valuables for $4. You pay for the wrist bands when you get there, but pay for food at the end, so you do not have to carry your wallet around - we just let them in the locker.

There were umbrellas for every 2 chairs and when we got there one of the employees recommended that we sit closer to the right side when facing the ocean (good choice b/c it was closer to the bathrooms).

For lunch we ordered a few waters, 1 pizza, nachos & wings for the 5 of us and met our $40 price with food left over (they did not charge for my 4 year old). My husband is a big eater, so the fact that we had food left over shows that there really was alot of food for that price (when you look at the menu it seems expensive $10 for nachos, etc., but the portions are big enough to share). We are not drinkers so I can't comment on the alcoholic drinks.

We also made good use of the $10 per person amenities. Both my kids and DH climbed the coconut tree. There was a bungee trampoline that my daughter spent an excessive amount of time on and even I went on. We each used a float in the ocean and my dh & daughter swam out to the water trampoline.

The water was a little rough while we were there (thanks to the hurricane near cuba) and the $10 wrist band for the amenities also lets you get life jackets which my kids wore most of the time. (you can also get snorkel equipment, but we were not interested in that). There is also an iceberg in the ocean next to the water trampoline, but my daugher (who is 8) found that too hard to climb.

During the day the place filled up, but I never felt it was too crowded. Enjoy your trip!!

Archived