Inspiration ???

bfkkbc

No way! That's cool... as a newbie I thought we always boarded on deck 3 since that is what we did on the Fascination! Very cool... our stateroom's on Empress deck also!

Can you guys tell me about fridge's in the rooms? Is this one of the ships that have them or no?

I can't find an All things Inspiration thread.... the search is kinda goofy!

THANKS!!

No Fridges in outside rooms on Empress deck.

I'm on the Empress deck on 12/11. This is going to be my 3rd cruise on the Inspiration & all 3 times will be on the Empress Deck. I love it.

Have fun everyone.

countdown.pl?name=NYChele&date=12-11-2008&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Carnival Inspiration

No way! That's cool... as a newbie I thought we always boarded on deck 3 since that is what we did on the Fascination! Very cool... our stateroom's on Empress deck also!

Can you guys tell me about fridge's in the rooms? Is this one of the ships that have them or no?

I can't find an All things Inspiration thread.... the search is kinda goofy!

THANKS!!

Have you seen Mach's thread about his cruise... lots of photos too!!

Here's the thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=755503&highlight=

Hey ya'll. I just saw that we board the Inspiration on the Empress Deck! My Mother and I also have our cabin there, E181. I can't wait. That can't be easier for my mother!! She sometimes has a hard time wlaking far and the elevators couldn't be closer! :eek: It will be her first cruise. We go Dec. 6th for 5 days!! Anyone joining us? Has anyone been in this cabin? I'm hoping it is quieter that most.

Karen, FL :cool:

Hi Karen,

I was in cabin E191 3 yrs ago & I love this section. It's real quiet & these elevators are right near the mardi-gras dining room. Hopefully you'll be in that dining room to make it easy on your mom.

2 yrs ago I was on the opposite side & we had a bank of rooms & if I can remember correctly they were E172 - 178. My DH & I were unfortunate to be in E178 which is directly across from the service doors. The service area isn't air conditioned & with the staff using these doors constantly, our room & hallway right in from of our room was hot & humid all the time. Also I gather that these rooms are directly under the dining room & we would occasionally hear things being moved around early in the morning. I definitely wouldn't stay in that section again. But you are in a good spot around the corner & away from this area according to Carnivals room map. I'm sure you will have a great time.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise as the ship has been refurbished so it will be somewhat new to us.

It's too bad I'm on the cruise right after yours as I'm also going with just my mother & we could have met up. That would have been fun.

Michele

countdown.pl?name=nychele&date=12-11-2008&image=Beach-8&text=&ship=Carnival Inspiration

Hey Michele,

thanks for the Info. I actually sat down and looked at the deck plans yesterday for the first time and I'm very excited that we are near the elevators and they seem to at least get us to the Promenode (sp) deck. From there if we take our time it's just a short walk up to the Lido. It is too bad we will miss each other. My father and brother were a sticks in the mud for this trip, neither wants to go on a cruise. So I said to Mom, let's just us two go! We'll have a great time. I can't wait, just 12 days to go!! Hope you have a wonderful time with your Mom! :D This is my first time on the Inspiration so my Mom and I will be experiencing that together!

You know you can take the aft bank of elevators and they'll take you all the way up to the lido buffet? Also, if you're booked in the aft dining room, the elevators by your cabin WON'T take you there - you'll need to take the aft bank of elevators (unless you want to cut through the galley to get to the aft dining room!!).

Hi Karen,

OMG, sounds like my story although I don't know if we would have invited them if they changed their minds & wanted to go after-all lol. My mom & I get along so well & like to do the same things so I know we'll have a blast even if we do absolutely nothing!

I told her to start walking now to build up stamina so she won’t be so tired while I’m dragging her around! Lol

She lives just north of the Tampa area & I’m from NY so I’ll be flying down the day before.

2 yrs ago, my parents took my family of 3 & my br's family of 6 on the 5 day to Grand Cayman & Cozumel to celebrate their 50th anniversary. We had so much fun.

We're just going to Cozumel this time around though. Been to Grand Cayman twice & that was enough.

Have fun. Make sure you post back on this thread & let us know what you thought of it.

Michele

Hey Michele,

My Mom and I are close also. She has been trying to build up stamina too. I think she'll be fine if we can just sit once in a while. I have a bone spur that just started acting up so we'll be a good pair! LOL :eek: My family were originally from NY as well. We live about 80 miles north of Tampa so this was a good cruise for us to take. I hope you both have a great time!!

In Tampa you will get on & off on the Empress deck. At ports of call you will use deck 3.

Just returned Thanksgiving day. If you have any questions I might be able to help. Second cruise on her. Oh Resia (sp) the cruise director is leaving soon to be on the fantasy.

In Tampa you will get on & off on the Empress deck. At ports of call you will use deck 3.

Just returned Thanksgiving day. If you have any questions I might be able to help. Second cruise on her. Oh Resia (sp) the cruise director is leaving soon to be on the fantasy.

Hey thanks Brute!!! We are cabin e205 do you happen to know if this is near the "service entrance" that was mentioned in a previous thread and if so how was the air conditioning in that hall way? And not to sound too stupid what is deck 3? Upper Deck?? Thanks

Frances

Archived