Family and Rated PG 13 Entertainment

After reading some travel reports about comedians who belittle guests and women throwing their underwear on stage during shows, I am a bit worried about any shows that I might want to see with my family or my husband. I am not a prude by any means but I certainly don't want to be singled out during a comedy show or be in a near strip show either. Please provide me with recommendations on shows that I can feel good about bringing my kids (7,10) and shows that are of decent quality for the adults. We will be sailing on the Mariner. Thanks!

The shows that are held in the theatre each night are suitable for anyone. On some nights there may be an extra show with a comedian that is held in one of the lounges at about 11:00PM or later. These shows may not be suitable for children.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Not so Jerry! The Newlywed show is horrible (funny for adults) for young children. Also, some of the comedian shows can have a line or two, but most are OK.

Best to stick with the juggling and musicals.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Do not take children to the Quest (game show held usually around 10PM at night). There is usually slight nudity there.

Other than that I have yet to see a show that is not for all ages on RCI.

Bobbie

Voyager of the Seas in....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

Be careful of the comedians. DH and our older daughter (age 20) went to one offered as the main show on Mariner a few months ago and found him to be one of the "belittling and offensive" type "comics". People with children were walking out. So not all the inappropriate comedians are late-night shows. I had checked out the performers ahead of time and heard some clips from this person on the 'net and knew we would not be taking our younger daughter (age 12) to that particular show.

Chris

Adventure of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;5;29;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

most of the shows before 10:00 are fine but if i were y ou to be safe i would maybe not take any one who could be offended/or is young to teh comedian show if there is one Usaaully 1 night there is.. But the review shows and variety shows should be fine.. Even the newlywed show is semi ok except when a person has a riske remark/amswer.. but usually if teenagers are there they just get grossed out.. I would not send a pre teen to teh newlywed game but if you are planning on trying to be in it your kids will get a kick out of it if they are teen agers.... Definetky do not go to the quest if you are not up to a little riske fun!! so in short just stay clear of 1 man shows and you should be fine..

We went to the shows with children and they were fine. I think they try to keep them at PG-13 or better. Also we had a comedian for the main show and he announced at the end of the show that he would be back a day later for a late night adults only show. Also in the Compass they had a warning when they advertised the Quest that it might not be suitable for young children. You can always leave if you think its not appropriate for your child.

Archived